Just spent ~ 2 weeks at the Creebridge while working in the area. Can honestly say I've never stayed at a hotel where the staff have been friendlier or more accomodating! Superb from start to finish - I even felt compelled to buy them a box of chocolates on departure as a small token of gratitude. It was great to come back after work and almost feel at home walking through the door - such was the warm reception from all the staff (and the morning staff at breakfast too!) The hotel itself is homely, comfortable and very relaxed. Ate in the restaurant every night and couldn't complain once - the locals seem to eat here regularly (which is always a good sign) and any functions which were held in the function room at the weekend were always very civilised and didn't disrupt the residents at all.
Altogether a great stay, and a big thank you to Liz, Kenny, Fiona, Lynn and all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Creebridge House Hotel is a traditional Scottish country house hotel, with 18 ensuite bedrooms, which preserves the peace and tranquility of rural life in elegant surroundings.Your hosts, Stephen, Sarah, Rory,Campbell and the rest of the team look forward to offering you a warm welcome and comfortable stay. The hotel acquired it's name from the nearby River Cree and is situated in 3 acres of garden and woodland, in the village of Minnigaff, at the edge of Kirroughtree forest. The busy market town of Newton Stewart is a mere 2 minutes walk across the Cree Bridge, where you will find a Cinema, Museum, Tourist Information, Leisure Centre with swimming pool, and a range of supermarkets, shops and services. The Hotel has a Scottish Tourist Board 3-star rating, 3 AA stars and one AA Rosette for food. There is central heating throughout, with roaring log fires in all the public rooms in winter and plenty of hot water on tap. The hotel's location makes it central for a wide variety of activities, from walking & cycling through the nearby Galloway Forest Park, to golf and fishing so close you can walk to the nearest hotspots. In fact the first tee at Newton Stewart Golf Club is just 400 yards away. Approximately 30 minutes drive west on the A75 will take you to Cairnryan with it's ferry links to Belfast in Northern Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Creebridge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creebridge Hotel Newton Stewart
- Creebridge House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland