Went to Creebridge House Hotel, Minnigaff for lunch, (we) my wife and myself, were the only customers in the bar. The room had a very warm and welcoming feel to it and the log fire burning cheerfully added with the relaxing feel to the place.
The barman, a very cheerful and hospitable gentleman was soon making us feel at home. He very efficiently and professionally had us seated and our orders taken.
My wife elected to have the “Flat Iron Rump Steak - medium cooked” and I favoured the Sirloin Steak - medium to rare, both with Bonnie Prince Charlie Sauce, onion rings, tomato, mushrooms and chips.
My steak was cooked to perfection, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. Unfortunately my wife’s experience was not so positive, her steak was a bit tough and she did not enjoy her steak as much as I did. Fortunately the steaks were of a decent size and I shared some of mine steak with her, which she did enjoy.
On the whole we did enjoy our visit, the décor, the burning wood stove, the genial barman and to a degree the meal combined to give us a lovely relaxing lunchtime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Creebridge House Hotel is a traditional Scottish country house hotel, with 18 ensuite bedrooms, which preserves the peace and tranquility of rural life in elegant surroundings.Your hosts, Stephen, Sarah, Rory,Campbell and the rest of the team look forward to offering you a warm welcome and comfortable stay. The hotel acquired it's name from the nearby River Cree and is situated in 3 acres of garden and woodland, in the village of Minnigaff, at the edge of Kirroughtree forest. The busy market town of Newton Stewart is a mere 2 minutes walk across the Cree Bridge, where you will find a Cinema, Museum, Tourist Information, Leisure Centre with swimming pool, and a range of supermarkets, shops and services. The Hotel has a Scottish Tourist Board 3-star rating, 3 AA stars and one AA Rosette for food. There is central heating throughout, with roaring log fires in all the public rooms in winter and plenty of hot water on tap. The hotel's location makes it central for a wide variety of activities, from walking & cycling through the nearby Galloway Forest Park, to golf and fishing so close you can walk to the nearest hotspots. In fact the first tee at Newton Stewart Golf Club is just 400 yards away. Approximately 30 minutes drive west on the A75 will take you to Cairnryan with it's ferry links to Belfast in Northern Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Creebridge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creebridge Hotel Newton Stewart
- Creebridge House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland