“Much improved, lovely evening.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Creebridge House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Newton Stewart
Preston, United Kingdom
“Much improved, lovely evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely meal here this week. Last time we visited there were a few issues with my meal and it had to be sent back but this time our meals were delicious.
Lovely wine, lovely atmosphere.
The only issue was that my prawn starter was a frozen product which was a real disappointment.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SpinningJen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you like old world charm and a little luxury at a reasonable price this is the place for you. The staff are very welcoming and friendly and genuinely go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. My wife and I have stayed here twice in different rooms and both were of a very high standard, looking out over the picturesque garden. The public bar is very comfortable and offers real ale including their own house label brewed by Houston. The restaurant has a good choice of food and wine, our lamb was cooked to perfection and the malbec was excellent. Breakfast offers a cold buffet with a beautifully prepared fruit salad as well as a choice of hot food. We had an early start for the ferry and the staff explained we could come into the dining room early and start on 'firsts' before they officially opened; in the event they were ready for us when we appeared and we enjoyed a lovely meal.

Bangor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here last Saturday night as we were passing through on our way back to Ireland . I think that is why we got the small room . Stairs down to the dark bathroom ,worn carpet , dirty radiator . i could,nt wash my hair the next morning as it was a sprinkler shower with no power , i would never have gotten the soap out . For £108.00 , one night or not this is not exceptable . Yes a nice friendly bar and restaurant , good food too but the room was awful . We had been to a wedding in Newcastle and had an apartment the night before for alot less than what we paid for this . It was supposed to be a treat on the way home , it really was,nt ! .

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Walsall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Got there late staff very good offered me a bite to eat as the kitchen was closed, bar was still open and had a good selection of beers in which I was in well of need of. Breakfast in the morning was superb freshly cooked and served with haggis nice clean room .comfortable bed , with tea coffee and shortbread. Used this hotel for a business trip but would stay if I ever go on holiday in that area .
The room rate was excellent value and I would highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was our third stay at Creebridge Hotel and each time has been a great experience. Lovely large room with dual aspect and comfy bed. The food was superb with a good choice of dishes and wines. The bar area is cosy and welcoming, it is busy but not unduly so. The staff are exceptional; friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. We will definitely be going back again.

newton stewart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife, son, daughter in law and grandson had dinner at the above hotel to celebrate my daughter in laws birthday. As per usual service was excellent and we were all made most welcome. All meals were very good and we were provided with plenty of vegatables. Once again Kenny exceeded himself with his treatment of my grandson.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Stranraer, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Went to Creebridge House Hotel, Minnigaff for lunch, (we) my wife and myself, were the only customers in the bar. The room had a very warm and welcoming feel to it and the log fire burning cheerfully added with the relaxing feel to the place.

The barman, a very cheerful and hospitable gentleman was soon making us feel at home. He very efficiently and professionally had us seated and our orders taken.

My wife elected to have the “Flat Iron Rump Steak - medium cooked” and I favoured the Sirloin Steak - medium to rare, both with Bonnie Prince Charlie Sauce, onion rings, tomato, mushrooms and chips.

My steak was cooked to perfection, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. Unfortunately my wife’s experience was not so positive, her steak was a bit tough and she did not enjoy her steak as much as I did. Fortunately the steaks were of a decent size and I shared some of mine steak with her, which she did enjoy.

On the whole we did enjoy our visit, the décor, the burning wood stove, the genial barman and to a degree the meal combined to give us a lovely relaxing lunchtime.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in New Galloway
Bank of Fleet Hotel
Bank of Fleet Hotel
#2 of 3 in Gatehouse of Fleet

Been to Creebridge House Hotel? Share your experiences!