“Good Munchies” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Merrick

Merrick
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Munchies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Best munchies ever definetly going again!!!!!!!!!! next time I will bring my friends and family for definite!

• Visited March 2014

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Merrick Indian Restaurant, Castle Douglas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

A great little Indian restaurant - good service, tasty food! We are looking forward to going back and experiencing the Banquet nights!!!

• Visited January 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Authentic Indian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant - great personalised service, an extensive menu and consistently flavoursome and authentic Indian food. They are able, and more than willing, to make vegetarian alternatives if requested as well which is great! It's a place I've been to number of times, both recently and a couple years ago, and I would happily and confidently state that this is the best Indian restaurant in town.

I feel I should add given some of the other reviews... Don't be deceived by the appearance of the place! The food speaks for itself!

Visited January 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Top restaurant in Castle Douglas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have been to many, many Indian restaurants as it's our favourite cuisine, and Merrick has to be one of my absolute favourites. A bunch of us from work visited and were thoroughly impressed, from the minute the owner greeted us right until we left the building, I'm quite annoyed at reading other people's comments i.e. criticising the OUTSIDE of the building..?? Really?? Isn't the TASTE of the FOOD more important than what the OUTSIDE looks like? That is just very childish. I was pleasantly surprised at the whole experience. I like to compare dishes to other restaurants and so I loved the butter chicken here and is on par with some excellent restaurants that I've been to.

The young waiter is LOVELY, we were sure to give him extra tips, he was a delight.

Overall, I would 100% come back to Castle Douglas JUST to come and eat here. Yum.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Naantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Return visit tonight after first one a year ago whilst on hols.
Not disappointed by the food. It was lovely. Which is High praise coming from people from Dewsbury which has so many excellent Indian restaurants. The naans are freshly made and are beautiful.
The decor and facilities are naive but this adds to the charm. The family are warm and welcoming.
Will definitely return another time.

• Visited July 2013