“Excellent Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The food from The Merrick is excellent, especially the vegetarian dishes. They have a takeaway menu too. High recommended.

1  Thank AnnaScotland

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Best munchies ever definetly going again!!!!!!!!!! next time I will bring my friends and family for definite!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

A great little Indian restaurant - good service, tasty food! We are looking forward to going back and experiencing the Banquet nights!!!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant - great personalised service, an extensive menu and consistently flavoursome and authentic Indian food. They are able, and more than willing, to make vegetarian alternatives if requested as well which is great! It's a place I've been to number of times, both recently and a couple years ago, and I would happily and confidently state that this is the best Indian restaurant in town.

I feel I should add given some of the other reviews... Don't be deceived by the appearance of the place! The food speaks for itself!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have been to many, many Indian restaurants as it's our favourite cuisine, and Merrick has to be one of my absolute favourites. A bunch of us from work visited and were thoroughly impressed, from the minute the owner greeted us right until we left the building, I'm quite annoyed at reading other people's comments i.e. criticising the OUTSIDE of the building..?? Really?? Isn't the TASTE of the FOOD more important than what the OUTSIDE looks like? That is just very childish. I was pleasantly surprised at the whole experience. I like to compare dishes to other restaurants and so I loved the butter chicken here and is on par with some excellent restaurants that I've been to.

The young waiter is LOVELY, we were sure to give him extra tips, he was a delight.

Overall, I would 100% come back to Castle Douglas JUST to come and eat here. Yum.