We have stayed here twice.
The fist time in 2009 in a gold caravan & the second in 2010 in a bronze (so a pet could be taken)
The gold caravan was to the front of the park near the sea. Clean and spacious and everything we needed.
The bronze caravan was at the rear of the park. The only niggle was that you can hear the traffic of lorries through the night so i would opt for a gold caravan in a better position.
The facilities on site are good.
Mattresses a little uncomfortable.
Swimming pool and sauna lovely. Was tempted by the beauty treatments in the spa but didnt not have enough time to squeeze in. In summer season you are restricted to the amount of time you can have in the pool. Think it's about an our however when we stayed in the October they advised we could stay in as long as we wanted!
On site restaurant reasonable for the price.
The 'club' was nice if you want to go out for a few drinks
Crazy golf not really worth a look though!
Supermarket basic but if you need a few last minute Items then would manage.Large Tesco's located up the road in castle douglas!
The reception staff were very friendly and were happy to help recommend places to visit
The views over the coastline are superb. We visited the animal park in Kirkudbright and amazing. The masonic arms in gatehouse of fleet is superb! Threave castle and gardens well worth a visit!
fantastic family feel, and would be happy to go back there! Prices so reasonable beats the big chain companies with their parks dotted allover the uk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and family themed holiday park. Activities for young and not so young. Children's entertainment daily throughout the high season, family entertainment each evening in the Starlight Suite - with live acts. Coastal views with beach access. Beautiful surrounding countryside, ideal for walkers, cyclists and everyone who loves the great outdoors. Many tourist destinations on our doorstep too. Surfside Bistro Restaurant and Surfside Bistro Takeway serving delicious home prepared meals. Sports Bar showing all the live sports action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and PitchUp so you can book your Auchenlarie Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auchenlarie Holiday Park Hotel Castle Douglas
- Auchenlarie Holiday Park Castle Douglas, Scotland