“Fantastic experience, a very warm welcome, highly recommended!”

Galloway Activity Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Galloway Activity Centre. We are situated on the banks of Loch Ken in south west Scotland and have an exciting range of activities for families, individuals and groups alike. Here you will find details of our services & facilities including activities, courses, equipment hire, accommodation and holiday packages. Choose from: Sailing, Windsurfing, Powerboating, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outdoor Laser Tag, Archery, Mountain Biking, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Giant Water Slide, Climbing and more...Our aim is to give you a memorable holiday in a safe and friendly family atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I visited the GAC with my son as part of a 25 strong school group for a 5 day residential holiday. The centre is situated in lovely grounds on the lochside with access to all of the activities right on the doorstep and has a very relaxed family atmosphere. There is varied accommodation to suit everyone and my son and I were made very welcome in the main house, a nice touch guys! The rest of the group were spread over the Bunkhouse lodge and the loch-side cabins. As this was a residential visit all meals were included but the cafe/canteen is open to all visitors.

We undertook a full timetable of all the activities on offer, sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, climbing, mountain biking, archery, laser quest, orienteering and quite a few fun team building games! All equipment was provided including wetsuits, mountain bikes, etc. The kids loved the laser quest and I have to admit got quite into that myself! Just remember to bring plenty of changes of clothes and some old shoes.

The instructors/staff were great and encouraged everyone to participate and were very friendly and approachable. They were always on hand to provide assistance and advice. The food was also excellent and the kitchen staff went out of their way to accommodate any specific requests.

The trip was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone and was a great opportunity to sample some more adventurous activities. It makes for a fun filled day trip or stay longer and have a go at all the activities, I'm sure you'll love it!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"different activities"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2011

We turned up without a booking in the hope of getting two teenage girls some fun in the open. No problem for the centre and an hour later they were soaking wet in the lake kayaking.
The small cafe is great, very good prices and wonderful home cooking.
I would highly recommend this as a place to visit and have a great time. The centre staff were very helpful and nice.

2  Thank gm0hcq
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Learning to sail at the Galloway Activity Centre was great. I went along just wanting to learn how to sail and was blown away by how friendly and helpful the staff were and how much fun I had. I learnt a lot an that was all down to my fantastic instructor who was incredibly patient and knew how to make it a lot of fun!
I was very impressed with the facilities as well they were very clean and comfortable and the food was great too!
I'm going back to do more courses for sure!

2  Thank kirstypattison
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed for a weekend in the Activity Centre bunkhouse, 18 people including 6 small children. The bunkhouse far exceeded our expectations in terms of comfort and facilities. The children adored the centre and there were lots of things to do, but I can imagine bringing the children here when they are much older too. We wished we had more time to stay and try more activities; boating, cycling, archery, death slide, climbing, laser quest, etc.

The staff gave us complete privacy to enjoy our holiday, but were very helpful and friendly when we needed them. There is a very relaxed atmosphere in the centre and people of all ages were enjoying a wide range of activities.

There are some more interesting accomodation options in the form of a teepee and 2 yurts, and we would definitely like to experience these in the future.

There is a welcoming cafe at the lochside which served snacks and also bbq facilities.

This was a perfect weekend break and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank ebuffalo