Summerhill B & B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Castle Douglas
See available hotels
The Market Inn Hotel(Castle Douglas)
View Hotel
Kings Arms Hotel(Castle Douglas)
  • Breakfast included
The Urr Valley Hotel(Castle Douglas)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Arden House Hotel(Kirkcudbright)
The Royal Hotel(Kirkcudbright)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Selkirk Arms Hotel(Kirkcudbright)
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade granolabed and breakfastunderfloor heatingdownstairs roommodern househighest standardbreakfast was deliciousironing board and irontheir beautiful homecomfortable nightquality toiletriescycling breaklovely bedthe ground floorrooms are spacioussmoked salmonwee gem
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My son and I stayed at Summerhill for a cycling holiday, which turned out to be the best holiday we've had for many a year. Robin and Tina were perfect hosts and made us feel very much at home. Robin runs Galloway Cycling Holidays and organised great routes, avoiding the main roads, which were ideal for us given our more sedentary lifestyles. He provided not only excellent maps and directions but planned them so we could see a number of visitor attractions along the way including the Red Kite feeding station near Laurieston, which is well worth a visit. He also supplied the bikes, which are of good quality ( and comfortable saddles !), as well as transporting our luggage to and from Kirkcudbright and booking accommodation as required.

Tina's breakfasts were fantastic, with home made granola, fresh strawberries, brambles, peaches ... you name it. As for the cooked breakfast, well... Wow ! Easily the best I've had and much better than in some 5 star hotels I could name.

The room was spacious and well thought out, with each room having its own separate entrance so we felt we had our own apartment rather than simply living in someone's house. The finish was modern, spotlessly clean and great quality, with everything one could want, from comfortable beds, a separate settee, modern TV and DVD player, bathroom toiletries, coffee, tea and biscuits, and even glasses and a corkscrew if we felt inclined to have a glass of wine after a days cycling. There was even a spa pool to swim against the current in or to just relax the tired muscles.

I've stayed in many top end hotels through business, but Summerhill, and especially Robin & Tina's warm welcome and hospitality, make this the best B&B I've come across, ever. Who needs posh hotels when you find a B&B as good as this?

Room Tip: There are only two rooms and both are of the highest quality. Neither will disappoint.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a very nice, new build, modern house. Tina was a lovely hostess, her breakfasts were delicious and the house was spotlessly clean. Castle Douglas is a bustling little town. It is close to the coast and we visited Rockliffe and Kipford. Before returning home we visited Threave Gardens, just a few minutes from Summerhill. This is a National Trust Property and is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Booked this for my parents who absolutely loved the place and the hospitality. Having a very fussy mother who can be hard to please, I was over the moon at her reaction to this B and B. the best breakfast ever with homemade granola and the swim spa was most enjoyable. Better than any 4 star hotel and well worth a stay here.

Room Tip: Superior room has its own decking area.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My father and I recently stayed for 4 nights at this marvelous B&B and it's simply the best we've ever been to (and we've stayed at a lot over the years). Tina couldn't have done more to cater for any requests and the breakfasts were literally top quality. Won't hesitate to book up again if we're golfing again in south-west Scotland next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Fantastic -from the friendly helpful atmosphere ,the fantastic breakfast,lovely room .The whole experience exceeded all expectations and I have already recommended this B&B to my friends.Great value for money nothing is too much trouble for Tina -even ironing my wedding attire! We'll be back
Joan and Brian.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms so book quick!