“Nothing short excellent”
Review of Summerhill B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castle Douglas
Summerhill B & B
Ranked #3 of 13 Castle Douglas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I am a little late writing this review as my husband and I stayed with Tina and Robin on 7th, 8th and 9th September and due to Internet problems was unable until now to get on line. I have racked my brain to find something this B&B did not have and have come up empty. there is nothing that has not been thought of and nothing Tina would not do for you. She offered excellent advice on places in the area to visit, places to eat and information on the phenomena of the red kites which will be a wonderful memory to take home.Robin, though very busy with his bike tour business was not too busy to offer advice and help when we found ourselves let down by another B&B which we had already booked. So the truth is there is nothing their B&B does not have you will need or want, so my advice is make a booking and enjoy. you won't regret it.
P.S. breakfast is a delight. try the cheese and chive omelette, you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: There are only two rooms at this establishment. Ours was upstairs but perfect for our needs. the oth...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My son and I stayed at Summerhill for a cycling holiday, which turned out to be the best holiday we've had for many a year. Robin and Tina were perfect hosts and made us feel very much at home. Robin runs Galloway Cycling Holidays and organised great routes, avoiding the main roads, which were ideal for us given our more sedentary lifestyles. He provided not only excellent maps and directions but planned them so we could see a number of visitor attractions along the way including the Red Kite feeding station near Laurieston, which is well worth a visit. He also supplied the bikes, which are of good quality ( and comfortable saddles !), as well as transporting our luggage to and from Kirkcudbright and booking accommodation as required.

Tina's breakfasts were fantastic, with home made granola, fresh strawberries, brambles, peaches ... you name it. As for the cooked breakfast, well... Wow ! Easily the best I've had and much better than in some 5 star hotels I could name.

The room was spacious and well thought out, with each room having its own separate entrance so we felt we had our own apartment rather than simply living in someone's house. The finish was modern, spotlessly clean and great quality, with everything one could want, from comfortable beds, a separate settee, modern TV and DVD player, bathroom toiletries, coffee, tea and biscuits, and even glasses and a corkscrew if we felt inclined to have a glass of wine after a days cycling. There was even a spa pool to swim against the current in or to just relax the tired muscles.

I've stayed in many top end hotels through business, but Summerhill, and especially Robin & Tina's warm welcome and hospitality, make this the best B&B I've come across, ever. Who needs posh hotels when you find a B&B as good as this?

Room Tip: There are only two rooms and both are of the highest quality. Neither will disappoint.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a very nice, new build, modern house. Tina was a lovely hostess, her breakfasts were delicious and the house was spotlessly clean. Castle Douglas is a bustling little town. It is close to the coast and we visited Rockliffe and Kipford. Before returning home we visited Threave Gardens, just a few minutes from Summerhill. This is a National Trust Property and is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Booked this for my parents who absolutely loved the place and the hospitality. Having a very fussy mother who can be hard to please, I was over the moon at her reaction to this B and B. the best breakfast ever with homemade granola and the swim spa was most enjoyable. Better than any 4 star hotel and well worth a stay here.

Room Tip: Superior room has its own decking area.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My father and I recently stayed for 4 nights at this marvelous B&B and it's simply the best we've ever been to (and we've stayed at a lot over the years). Tina couldn't have done more to cater for any requests and the breakfasts were literally top quality. Won't hesitate to book up again if we're golfing again in south-west Scotland next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Fantastic -from the friendly helpful atmosphere ,the fantastic breakfast,lovely room .The whole experience exceeded all expectations and I have already recommended this B&B to my friends.Great value for money nothing is too much trouble for Tina -even ironing my wedding attire! We'll be back
Joan and Brian.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms so book quick!
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here on my own on business, found the B&B to be really welcoming with great customer service. Good location off major roads. Excellent breakfast. Swimming pool was a total bonus. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
#3 of 3 in Dalbeattie
The Selkirk Arms Hotel
The Selkirk Arms Hotel
#1 of 4 in Kirkcudbright

Been to Summerhill B & B? Share your experiences!