“Fantastic”
Review of Summerhill B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castle Douglas
Summerhill B & B
Ranked #3 of 13 Castle Douglas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spent a lovely night at this property. We only met Tina but she was very helpful in giving info on where to eat and what to see.
This is a fairly new B&B so the rooms are light and airy with minimal fuss that a lot of the b&b in Scotland seem to love.
We had the small room upstairs, but small it isn't.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My girlfriend booked a three night bank holiday stay as a surprise for my birthday in April.

Robin and Tina were both very welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful with the planning, taking a lot of time to talk through the local area and arranging an itinerary for us through Galloway Cycling Holidays.

We're both keen cyclists but neither of us knew the area, and Robin prepared an excellent ride each day for us, providing maps and points of interest at distances that were ideal. The weather was perfect and the area is amazing for cycling, each day bringing new scenery ranging from high moorland to picturesque coastal roads (including an awesome ice cream factory). We took our own bikes but there were a large number that could be hired, and a Robin had all the tools you could ever need in the garage.

At the end of each day we returned to Summerhills which was exactly what was needed, with the spa available to use whenever we wanted and the room amazingly clean and modern. The fact that there are just two rooms means we had a lot of space and a real feeling of tranquility.

The breakfast could not better, with a wide choice of really good foods that we'd gladly go back for. As a recognised 'foodie' town Summerhills has a lot to live up to in Castle Douglas, and it doesn't disappoint.

We struggled to think of any way of improving the room, the food, the cycling or the experience.

Well recommended, especially if you enjoy cycling but worth a visit even without.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Summerhill B & B is a lovely 2 bedroom property in the quiet town of Castle Douglas. The rooms are spotless & are beautifully decorated by your friendly hostess, Tina. The floors are heated....aahhh, and the towels smell wonderful. The breakfast was absolutely scrumptious and Tina makes here own granola. I'm sure there were no calories LOL The atmosphere is relaxing and welcoming. On the first floor room there is a patio and soon there will be a pond. I had the best sleep in Scotland here. Tina & Robin are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. You definitely need to visit. You will arrive as a stranger and leave as a friend.

Room Tip: You will enjoy either room...both lovely! One is upstairs and one is downstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our 2nd stay in this designer B&B. Tina is the perfect hostess, very helpful as we arrived locally early and she allowed us to deposit our luggage early then we could go off and do our own thing for the rest of the day.
Our large upstairs bedroom had some fabulous views across the fields. Very clean and perfectly decorated to a very high standard. .Lots of attention to detail !!. .A comfortable bed as well as a leather sofa to relax on. The bathroom had complimentary toiletries, large fluffy towels and a large walk in shower. There was a vast choice of hot drinks and even two wine glasses and a corkscrew for those wanting something stronger. . As an addition there was a choice of DVD;s in the drawer for those stay in doors rainy days, which thankfully we didn't make use of and a girls best friend hairdryer. :)
We had our own access so didn't need to disturb Tina as we came and went and where also able to use the spa pool as and when we needed.
A very nice touch were some pictures taken in the local area. This Home has been very well thought out so as not to invade guests privacy.
Breakfast was something else, we loved the home made granola, lemon curd yogurt along with the sliced banana, strawberries and grapes. The cooked breakfast was fabulous with plenty of choice to suit all tastes It got a 9 1/2 out of 10 from us.
Just a perfect setting for walkers or cyclists as only 10 mins walk from Castle Douglas, I would recommend the Red Kite trail and the feeding station
We will be back soon. Thank You again Tina !!

Room Tip: Either room is fabulous you won't be dissappointed
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a 5 star experience.
The room and ensuite are very well appointed and luxurious.
The giant bed gave us a wonderfull sleep, very comfortable.
The breakfast menu was excellent with various choices available.
This is how B & B should be, absolutely wonderfull.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at Summerhill B&B for three nights this week. After reading all the positive reviews on this website I was keen to stay there. I was certainly not disappointed. The room I had was gorgeous and I even had my own separate entrance. It was spotlessly clean with a fantastic shower. The decor is gorgeous! The hosts, Tina and Robin were very welcoming and helpful. Tina went out her way all week to make sure my stay enjoyable. She even set up the spa pool for me each night.
The breakfast each morning was lovely. Tina was happy to prepare anything I wanted. Her own homemade granola is delicious.
I cannot recommend Summerhill highly enough.
Robin also runs walking and cycling holidays. Staying here would make it a very luxurious break.
I definitely had a 5 star experience!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pjjcm
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night on 7th February. We were well satisfied. The best nights sleep I had for a week. The bed was so comfy, king size one on ground floor.loved that we had our own entrance. I would like to stay in the summer as ithas a wee balcony place to sit out on. Loved our breakfast and yes the toasted granola was gorgeous with all the fruit. I will definitely be going again

Room Tip: We loved the ground floor with ease of access.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 3 in Dalbeattie
The Selkirk Arms Hotel
The Selkirk Arms Hotel
#1 of 4 in Kirkcudbright

Been to Summerhill B & B? Share your experiences!