“Never Disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
United Kingdom
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I don't know who the blonde girl is who works in Streetlights but she's always excellent: she says hello and goodbye to every customer, is so obliging, gives good cake advice and is just generally lovely. If I owned that business, I'd know it was in very safe hands if I wasn't around.
The food is also amazing here, fresh, tasty and with a great range of soups on~ there's usually 3 to choose from. Try the fish cakes , heaven! If you have a sweet tooth, the cakes are mega and the scones huge!
Great cafe, I just wish I could go more often . Great service goes such a long way.

1 Thank jkitkat

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent place for lunch”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in here on recommendation of my cousin who visits Castle Douglas often. All 3 of us had soup and a round of sandwiches... The speed of service and presentation of the food was spectacular - and it tasted every bit as good as it looked! Lovely atmosphere too and reasonable prices... So we will be back again for sure!

Dumfries
“Good homemade food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food here is lovely and fresh, the service is good and testament to this is seats are always at a premium.

Visited April 2014
gretna
“Great coffee,reasonably priced”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We went on the recommendation of a friend and pleased we did.
Only popped in for coffee as we were going on for lunch elsewhere and didn't want to spoil our appetites but the cakes looked delicious and the choice of soups was great.
Can't wait to return to try these

• Visited March 2014
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Popped in here not long after the New Year for lunch with my boyfriend. I had a toastie with soup, they didn't seem to mind me having the sandwich and soup deal with a toastie instead which was nice.
Very tasty toasty and delicious salad. The soup was also quite the treat!
Unfortunately we didn't have time to sample any of the cakes which were displayed, however they looked particularly appetising.
Waitresses very friendly.
The only reason for a 4 star and not a 5 star rating is that it's a bit cramped and we had to sit down at a dirty table.