Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$146
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$197
Travelocity
US$171
US$157
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$105
  • Pool
Belmond La Samanna(Terres Basses)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)
4,164 results
All reviewsmaho beachascot pubpool barpalm grillplanes landingcolin kingmullet bayclose to the airportst maartenpoint restaurantpool viewgreat baygreat vacationfun to watchsister hotelfamily vacationall inclusive package
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The trip was Fabulous! We were very impressed! The Sunwing flight was great and the flight attendants were courteous and helpful! Upon arrival at Princess Juliana Airport we were met by the Sunwing representative Laurent! He was very up beat and cheerful and was a genuine individual! Weather was great the food was A1 and the service was awesome! I will recommend St. Maartens to everyone! The people of the Island were super friendly. I was surprised how little litter we saw on the island. We were able to see the whole island by land and sea! We swam with the turtles at Tintimarre Island! All and all a AWSOME trip! People at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book a room in the Ocean Terrace building. View was Awesome!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Administrator0813, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We are very happy to know that you and a fabulous stay at our resort and we thank you for your recommendation. We do look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful island and resort in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We spent a great week at the resort, the daily buffets were awesome, the rooms were very clean and the staff were "great" and the weather was hot and sunny

This was the our first time at the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort and I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We had the "garden view" room and it was beautiful when sitting out on the balcony
1  Thank Victoria Y

Dear Valued Guest,
It is wonderful to learn that you had a great vacation on your recent stay with us and we do look forward to welcoming you in the near future. We also thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

While I currently reside in St. Maarten, it is always a treat to visit the Sonesta Maho resort. I was taken there for a friend's birthday dinner, courtesy of Milton and Kenton. We had access to the gorgeous grounds, were treated to an open bar, then a fantastic meal inside the restaurant. The service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive to our table and the food was fantastic. My friend was even given a bottle of wine and a gorgeous birthday cake that had been made on site. I would absolutely recommend the Sonesta Maho! The grounds are very open, leaving you with a view of the ocean and Maho Beach, both of which are breathtaking. I have been to several different resorts on the island of St. Maarten and I have to say, this was certainly in my top 3 :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Natasha C
Administrator0813, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We are happy that you and your friends had a wonderful evening with us and we thank you for your review. We do look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have been to a lot of resorts, and the food is right up there with the best. The deluxe Ocean view room was great in the main tower. The room was clean and did not smell. I'm a big eater
and loved the fish ,beef, ,chicken, pasta and many salads. The steaks and fish in the point restaurant were great!
Although the hotel is a little dated, they were painting and upgrading all week . Its clean!
I tipped at every meal except for one ,I had forgotten my wallet in the room safe, oh well I will get her tomorrow. Be mistake! The next night we were totally ignored for water/drinks by the same waitress ,I was not happy.
The old guy for the beach chairs is lazy and doesn't want to carry them down the beach. The young guy is great, 2 chairs and umbrella ...no problem .The drinks/ beer are great although
they don't make mojitos or have Carib beer . Best mojito ever ,bar at the end of the beach , better than Cuba.
All said I would go back, lots to do on the island ,more than anywhere I've been. Excellent shopping. The hotel is worth the money.

Room Tip: pay extra and get ocean view
3  Thank Chris E

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for letting us know of your experience while staying with us. We are very happy that you had a wonderful stay with us and we have noted your comments and observations. We will look into the deficiencies mentioned in your writing and try to have them resolved in an expeditious manner. We do look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I keep returning to the Sonesta at Maho Beach for the following reasons
Excellent Location
Great staff
Great outdoor grounds and facilities
Good quality food and drink
Specifically, Mr King, the front desk mgr and his staff do a great job of getting the guest checked in and settled in a timely manner. Merial and Jaimey were particularly helpful this trip. Also thanks to Felicia and Ramone who provided great service at the outdoor bars. Looked like some positive changes were made to the dinner buffet with more variety including some great carving stations. The wed night BBQ buffet is still my favorite.
Had two maintenence issues with the room. Both were fixed within an hour of my call.
Nice wide beach this visit. Never know what you will find here based on the tides.
As I said-- a great visit

Room Tip: the higher floor, the better
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank stock1126

Dear Valued Guest,
It is such a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests and to learn once more that you had a wonderful stay during your recent visit with us. We are happy that you appreciated our upgrades/changes and we do look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.