“Marty's was a very cool watering hole”
Review of The Dream Pool Bar

The Dream Pool Bar
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Maho
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Good for: View
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My friend and I stayed at Caravanserai and stumbled upon Marty's Dream Bar. Marty and Lori made us feel very welcome; we felt like we were visiting friends. Marty also helped us SXM newbies with advice on what beach to check out and where to jetski. His Mai Tai wasn't half bad either (in actuality it was quite excellent). We did not know he did food there. I guess I will have to check that out when I convince my wife to come with me :)

Marty S, Owner at The Dream Pool Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thxs for stumbling on us and visiting this caribbean rock. No matter where you stay at, ur always welcome @ The Dream. For info, a swim, a poolside snack or a stiff Mai Tai!! I actually NEVER made that many in a day and it became contagious as others joined in on that. Was a nice day for sure. So stumble around next time again! We're there to give you the best vacation any tourist deserves. Caribbean greets at yah. I think I'll have a Mai tai on yah now! Cheerszzzz, Marty

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Dream Bar is an absolutely gorgeous location, with a beautiful pool and the one and only Marty typically in attendance. Drinks are pretty much the same anywhere on the island, but the pool bar prices are fair, the food I have eaten there has been as good as hoped for, and is pretty similar to Marty's Gyro's Restaurant(minus the gyros), which should not be a surprise. In addition to everything else, Marty is very entertaining, has the latest island gossip for those of us who come here frequently, and always greats us with a smile. Nice relaxing place to have a cocktail, sit back and unwind.

Marty S, Owner at The Dream Pool Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Good to hear you guys had fun! That's what vacation is all about. Thxs again for visiting both my restaurant and the poolbar. Ur always welcome and ur cocktail will be readily waiting on your next trip to this caribbean rock. No matter where yah stay, ur swimup bar seat is ready for yah! Cheerszzz! Sincerely Marty.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am staying on property and have been here a week and although the lady tending the bar is nice. I honestly think that the reviews that I read are very misleading. There is nothing wrong with it but in the last week there have probably been a total of 30-40 people there in total - I should know - my room faces the bar. It is swim up although I have not seen anyone swim up. There was no bingo on Monday that we saw. Please do not get me wrong- it is near the water and I guess sitting at the bar could be pleasant but too many of the reviews are misleading which in turn IMO gives Trip Advisor a bad rep which it does not deserve. If you want something to drink there is a daily $5.00 special- but for the ultimate island experience- I don't think so and I have been coming to SXM for over 16 years. I am guessing that the regulars hang here and that gives it nice local flavor and I believe the owner is on vacation this week but I gotta tell ya- I was expecting a great place to hang out at night and maybe it would be different if Lori and Marty were here but somehow I do not think so. Check it out for yourself but if you are looking for the big hang out spot on the island - this is not it.

1  Thank bcirish
Marty S, Owner at The Dream Pool Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Greats from Wisconsin Us Of A. . Yep you missed us. Just for your info. It's slow season. The Dream does not do bingo, live music or any other activities in slow season. We are at least open unlike many places that are closed already or closing soon for 3 month. I'm happy to hear that Tanja was pleasant, as many tourists told me before so she's a keeper during my travels. I can only agree with you that it's just a poolbar in low season and Tanja does not have the experience to run it as Lori or me would do. The 5 stars folks give us is because we are a lot more then a poolbar that always serves good drinks at THE MOST reasonable price of ANY poolbar on this caribbean rock. Since you write that you have been comming to this island for all these years, try stopping by next time around and hopefully I'll be there to entertain and explain you even how you can save hundreds of dollars on your next stay. From car rentals to excursions, to government contacts etc etc etc. Hope to have a brewsky with yah one day and thanks for spending your stay on Sint- Maarten. Hope to meet yah one day. Marty.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I love this Dream, Lori has the greatest smile all the time and Marty is a great guy
the atmosphere is to die for, I can't imagine anyplace better.

If you miss this one, your missing the Island, really you must stop by and see for yourself
its fun for the entire family and Bingo on Monday too !!!

2  Thank Chuck D
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great bar and great people. Fun times good drinks! Marty and Lori always remember family that have shared laughs and tears with them. No other place like it on the island except maybe Marty's gyro