“Authentic SXM Caribbean Experience”

Guy's Driftwood Boat Bar
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Maho
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Fantastic Pizza. Good drinks. Great view. Best sunset. Real local people. opposite side to the crowded Sunset Beach Bar.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We stopped in for lunch after a day on Maho beach watching the planes land. The beers are a little cheaper than the bar at the other end of Maho beach. We grabbed a picnic table overlooking the ocean and watched the planes land, the yachts sail and the people walk by. Three of us had the seafood wraps - excellent choice, made with fresh local fish. We had one shawarma that wasn't quite as good. Service is very laid back, "Caribbean style", but friendly. The bar gets busy so you might wait a while for a drink. Overall, a really good way to spend to spend an hour out of the sun enjoying some decent food and the planes landing.

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This bar had high reviews and was a must according to my research. In Maho beach there are two places to watch the planes come in best I could tell. We picked the dive, which this definitely was. Lots of picnic tables with low hanging umbrellas, LOTS of people and a crowded and chaotic bar. We were dropped by our taxi driver after a $15 cab ride. It took us a minute to get our bearings, but we grabbed two seats at the bar and ordered two beers and schwarma (which is what we were in search of). After waiting just a few minutes, we made our way to some picnic tables and when a crew of cruise shippers left, slid to the end of that table and had a great shady view of the planes coming and going. Husband had the mixed schwarma (lamb and chicken) and I had the chicken only. Both were good. Sloppy, drippy, tasty. After having the ribs and chicken wings at Caribbean Blend, I needed to see if theirs were as good. The ribs were cut better, more meat on the bone and nice and crispy, but they were smothered in BBQ sauce. Good, but not better than Caribbean Blend. The wings were the same. Fries were just fries. We paid about $50 for two schwarma sandwiches, a combo plate of wings/ribs and fires, four beers and a frozen banana cocktail. We had to flag down the bartender, and the waitress a couple of times. We didn't order from the same person twice,so we had no idea how they knew our tab. This is a must do tourist attraction (seeing the planes come in) and the food and drinks here was worth it to help pass the time.

2  Thank Abbey H
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

So I went there with family and literally the worst shawarma on the island! First and foremost the service wasn't great to begin with. Granted we did have reservations and I am. It even sure if they take reservations! Anyway I ordered a shrimp shawarma and got mostly lettuce! I emptied my pita bread because there was so much lettuce it kept falling out! You can see in the picture I got 4 shrimps! Ridiculous and when I told the waitress i didn't get what I ordered and if I could get a shrimp shawarma please she went to the cook and the cook said she put 7 shrimps in it! What do I look like?!? Really? She basically told me I'm lying. Well that killed my appetite and I will never return! And I don't recommend locals going there either, I have never felt so out of place on my own island. The disrespect was crazy!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We lucked into this place while on a shore excursion to Maho Beach during a cruise. We found an umbrella and a couple of chairs for $20 right outside this bar/eatery. Daiquiris are made with fresh bananas for the perfect beach drink while watching airplanes fly overhead. We also tried the burgers and they are the biggest I have ever seen. $10 for a burger and fries was so worth it for this flavorful burger with a bit of Caribbean spice to it. Most tables are large and seem to be for groups. Only problem is you almost have to eat standing up since the seats are very far away from the table but I didn't mind a bit once I started eating! We were also serenaded by a singer/guitarist who played a variety of 70's music. We could also hear him from our beach chairs which helped make this the perfect day.