We recently went to the Grey Walls Hotel with friends to celebrate two birthdays. The hotel is in a beautiful setting and a very peaceful place to sit and have tea. A couple of things we were disappointed with and quite surprised for a hotel of that quality was that the jam for the scones came in a glass jar with a lid just like you get at a motorway cafe. We expected to have homemade jam, or at least have it in a jam dish with a spoon, quite surprising. Another gripe, we had to ask for a pot of water for the tea, and we did not have a cake fork or tea knife, just ordinary large ones. These small things are important and certainly something you would expect from a hotel like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland