The hotel has a wonderful old style relaxed charm and a great restaurant. We actually booked out the adjoining Colonel's house for 8 of us. It was a perfect location for a large family event although while the house has plenty of charm it is in need of some upgrading.
We had a superb meal which was up to chez roux's usual high standards in the private dinning room with very attentive a knowledgeable staff. I can certainly recommend the cheese Soufflé starter and rhubarb Soufflé desert which are both so light that you barely need to worry about the calories!
If you are here for a few days golf on the unbeatable Scottish golf coast and your partner is need of a bit of pampering then I can recommend the near by Fletcher's Cottage Spa on the excellent Archerfield golf resort which is 2 minutes from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland