We arrived last Sunday to have lunch not for the first time at Greywalls. Had aperitifs out in their sunny courtyard which was lovely.!
The menu we found very poor and limited in choice a selection of three in each course. We found the food very disappointing both in its execution and quality. The starters were fine but very small in quantity. We had both the lamb and the beef which we found very tough and certainly not the excellent quality which we have experienced here in the past. The choice of desserts for a beautiful warm sunny summer lunch was terribly disappointing rhubarb and apple crumble and french style bread and butter pudding more winter dessert than summer ones and again the quality was not what we are accustomed to. Yes there were a couple of ice creams or sorbets you could choose but on the whole the meal was totally lacking of inspiration. This certainly was not a meal you expect from a Roux establishment all four of us were bitterly disappointed and found the food very poor indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland