Creagan Guest House Ullapool
Royal Hotel(Ullapool)
Harbour House(Ullapool)
Morefield Motel(Ullapool)
View Hotel
Dundonnell Hotel(Little Loch Broom)
  • Breakfast included
Aultbea Hotel(Aultbea)
View Hotel
All reviewsfour poster bedroll top bathpubs and eating placeslarge wardrobeb bcosy sitting roomtea kettlekiwi fruitone nightdelightful place to stayserved promptlynext morningbreakfast was deliciouscomfy bedscottish breakfastreceived a warm welcomeroom was spotless
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great place to stay if you are catching the ferry to Isle of Lewis, or need a stopover on the drive across the top. Kathleen couldn't have been nicer, the room had plenty of space, was oh so clean and the breakfast was hugh! The location of Creagan is riht around the corner from the harbor for an easy walk to the shops and restaurants. I would love to come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a delightful B&B and quite close to the waterfront. The downstairs room was very comfortable, but the bathroom was spectacular. Kathleen provided a hearty breakfast, with plenty of variety. She also went out of her way to send on a small item that we had left behind. Overall, an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed with my Mum for one night stop off in a twin room on 8/5/14 before travelling on to Lewis. We were greeted with a very friendly welcome. We were in the room at the top of the stairs on the right, sorry can't remember the number. Our room was nicely decorated and the bedlinen was crisp. It was good to have Wifi access in the lounge area.

I'm 5'2" and couldn't reach to open the velux windows in either the bedroom or bathroom as the rail was outwith my reach, due to a combination of the slope of the window and the depth of the window sill. Perhaps a hooked pole could be provided for munchkins like us, lol. Luckily our room was on the corner of the building and there was another normal window in the room that I could open as it was a very warm close evening.

Both myself and my Mum found the shower cubicle to be rather on the small side. With regards to water flow and temperature, setting the flow to high and the temperature to the 11 o'clock position worked for us. We found our twin beds to be a bit hard. Given that I sleep on a firm orthopaedic mattress at home, it's unusual for me to complain about that. My Mum struggled, but then she is used to a much softer bed.

We both decided on a light breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast, which was perfectly fine. The other guests had already eaten so I can't comment on what the full breakfast was like, but I am sure it would have been substantial as our portion of eggs was delicious and generous.

I would be perfectly happy to stay here again, but next time I'd ask for help to open the windows, or better still bring my much taller husband.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gizasmum
Reviewed 26 May 2014

stayed here on the 12th may,we were catching the ferry to lewis in the morning. lovely b&b, i had booked the four poster room but was shown to such a cosy looking double room that i choose not to say anything. Kathleen very helpful and friendly, food was very good. We went for a drink in the Argyle hotel just around the corner and there was a group of local people playing instruments and singing songs, i could have stayed there all night, they were amazing, Scotland has talent!!!!Go on a monday and see for yourself. liz and mike

Room Tip: double check your booking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Kathleen was very welcoming (as was Harris the dog) did a great breakfast, and the room we stayed in was very comfy and even had a bit of a view over the rooftops of the bay. We just stayed overnight after a long drive before catching ferry next morning to lewis but it would have been perfect for a longer stay too- would definitely book in again and would recommend :)

• Stayed: April 2014