Creagan Guest House Ullapool
Royal Hotel(Ullapool)
Harbour House(Ullapool)
Morefield Motel(Ullapool)
View Hotel
Dundonnell Hotel(Little Loch Broom)
  • Breakfast included
Aultbea Hotel(Aultbea)
View Hotel
All reviewsfour poster bedroll top bathpubs and eating placeslarge wardrobeb bcosy sitting roomtea kettlekiwi fruitone nightdelightful place to stayserved promptlynext morningbreakfast was deliciouscomfy bedscottish breakfastreceived a warm welcomeroom was spotless
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We only stayed in this b&b for one night. The room was comfortable and clean but the the free wifi signal did not reach our room which was very frustrating.

Breakfast was slightly disappointing as there was no menu or a request of how we wanted eggs - or any mushrooms or beans offered. That said, the two rashers of bacon were very nice as was the ample amount of tea/coffee & cereals.

I was asked what my wife and I wanted for breakfast 10 minutes after arriving at the b&b which was approximately 3pm. I said I couldn't answer for my wife and was told not to rush which I assumed meant we could tell them a few hours later. 10 minutes later there was a knock on our door wanting to know! We were a bit flustered as after a 4 hour drive we were knackered and actually trying to have a sleep.

It is good value and I hope some of the points I have raised might be addressed for future success of the b&b.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights interspersed with a 3 day trip to Harris and Lewis,

Good clean (spotless) rooms, great breakfast (especially the scrambled egg) and welcoming host.

We walked the short distance for an enjoyable drink and bar meal at the Ferry Boat inn.

Really good B&B and great value for money.

One of the best out of the 8 we stayed in during our trip to Scotland.

MJG123

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MJG123
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great place to stay if you are catching the ferry to Isle of Lewis, or need a stopover on the drive across the top. Kathleen couldn't have been nicer, the room had plenty of space, was oh so clean and the breakfast was hugh! The location of Creagan is riht around the corner from the harbor for an easy walk to the shops and restaurants. I would love to come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a delightful B&B and quite close to the waterfront. The downstairs room was very comfortable, but the bathroom was spectacular. Kathleen provided a hearty breakfast, with plenty of variety. She also went out of her way to send on a small item that we had left behind. Overall, an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed with my Mum for one night stop off in a twin room on 8/5/14 before travelling on to Lewis. We were greeted with a very friendly welcome. We were in the room at the top of the stairs on the right, sorry can't remember the number. Our room was nicely decorated and the bedlinen was crisp. It was good to have Wifi access in the lounge area.

I'm 5'2" and couldn't reach to open the velux windows in either the bedroom or bathroom as the rail was outwith my reach, due to a combination of the slope of the window and the depth of the window sill. Perhaps a hooked pole could be provided for munchkins like us, lol. Luckily our room was on the corner of the building and there was another normal window in the room that I could open as it was a very warm close evening.

Both myself and my Mum found the shower cubicle to be rather on the small side. With regards to water flow and temperature, setting the flow to high and the temperature to the 11 o'clock position worked for us. We found our twin beds to be a bit hard. Given that I sleep on a firm orthopaedic mattress at home, it's unusual for me to complain about that. My Mum struggled, but then she is used to a much softer bed.

We both decided on a light breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast, which was perfectly fine. The other guests had already eaten so I can't comment on what the full breakfast was like, but I am sure it would have been substantial as our portion of eggs was delicious and generous.

I would be perfectly happy to stay here again, but next time I'd ask for help to open the windows, or better still bring my much taller husband.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family