“Charming & Quaint”

Cuisines: British
Description: Ross-Shire IV26 2UJ 0843 259 4021
Description: Ross-Shire IV26 2UJ 0843 259 4021
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited Ullapool on a coach excursion from Dornoch. Lovely little place. We just had long enough to get a snack and came across "Tea by the Sea" a lovely quaint charming tea and gift shop viewing the sea. We had beef sandwiches, which were very nice and a pot of tea served in a beautiful silver tea pot. The owners were lovely and friendly to serve you. The home made cakes looked really nice, but we did not have long enough to indulge. When I think of Ullapool I think of that lovely little tea shop, so perfect for the place and hopefully will return again sometime. Wish it was nearer! Well worth a visit, if only for a drink, reasonably priced too. If no room inside you can always sit outside or even on the sea wall and admire the view whilst having a drink and a piece of cake.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

we popped in here about 3 years ago and loved it. We were circumnavigating the whole of the Scottish coast and I said to my husband the one place I want to go is tea by the Sea in Ullapool.
Once again it was one of the most memorable afternoon teas ever. The owners are a mixture of completely mad but delightful and sublime. We just adore them.
The 'wife' is witty and clever and helpful and so hilarious we could hardly enjoy our fabulous cakes and scones and tea for laughing. 'He' is so gentle and kind and helpful yet quietly funny. We were sitting with 2 Dutch girls and it was a riot. I don't know who laughed more, our table, the huge table next door or the 2 by the door. You could fill this place with happy customers if only there were more tables. There was a queue, and people waiting in the street so that just shows what a happy and delightful place this is.
It also sells fabulous handbags and scarves and jewellery.
I award this place the best tearoom in Scotland. !!!!!

1  Thank Travel_Teddybears
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Popped in here for a coffee and was made extremely welcome. I was persuaded to try a custard tart and it was the best I have ever tasted. Pity there is only room for three tables inside but so be it. The couple who run it are welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This little tea shop was quaint and rather small but you could have your tea tray outside on the sea wall on a nice day, there were lots of gifts in the shop, really they needed to expand the cafe and make the gift shop much smaller it was just too overcrowded, I felt really claustrophobic in there, I won't be visiting it again even tho it has had awards, that's mainly for the tea trays to take out side on a colder day it's a tight squeeze to say the least

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited this very small coffee shop whilst staying in Ullapool for a wedding.
The owners are Australian and very friendly. They have regular, local customers as well as visitors. Always a good sign.
The coffees (lattes) and hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream were delicious and although we didn't try them (too soon after a delicious breakfast) the cakes looked divine and such a variety for so small an establishment.
It is right on Shore Street, so the name says it all.
Would recommend but be patient if you can't get a table it is worth it.