WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Absolutely first class” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ardvreck House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ullapool
Ardvreck House
Ranked #10 of 51 Ullapool B&B and Inns
Grange-over-Sands
“Absolutely first class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Superb location with magnificent views - lovely welcome - good food - comfortable bed. I slept better here than anywhere else during my 2 week holiday in Scotland. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

Have stayed in a number of Ullapool locations but to come to Ardvreck is like coming home again, always a warm welcome from the Stockalls, comfortable and great breakfasts.Stunning views from the front of the house. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

Stumbled over Ardvreck out of curiousity for the location at the end of a holiday week staying elsewhere in the area and decided to extend our hiking holiday by an extra night. Evelyn & Duncan could not have been more welcoming, running an immaculate establishment in all respects. I would not hesitate to recommend Ardvreck to anyone looking for fair value with that intangible sense of extra input from the proprietrix, which made for a memorable conclusion to a memorable trip. We shall definitely return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

We were welcomed very warmly and told the best places to eat at night and also visit during the day which all proved superb. We are very particular and cannot understand some of the reviews which have gone before. The room was modern, well -furnished and very clean as was the bathroom. The breakfast was the best we had in Scotland throughout our 12 days stay and Evelyn was delightful. We would recommend Ardvreck House to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

We just got back from a trip through the highlands with friends, and the Ardvreck was a nice place to stay. Evelyn (the owner) and the other ladies who work there are delightful. The rooms on the loch side have beautiful views, and the breakfast/lounge area has a magnificent view all the way up and down the loch.
Breakfast was good and plentiful (though the hours a bit limited from 8-9) and the rooms clean and comfortable, if basic. The walls are a bit thin, so very light sleepers might have a problem - we didn't. The free (and fast!) wifi was a pleasant surprise.
It is situated a bit outside of town, so if you have your own car, no problem, but while there are taxis available, they will not run after midnight. We actually had a couple of friends get trapped in town and having to walk back in the rain because of this (not Ardvreck's fault, beer's fault).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank WrldTrav-7
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I booked in for a quiet week away - an important week for me to recharge and reflect in the beauty of the Highlands after a tough year and more challenges soon to come. To be fair, they had said that my room would be one of the singles at the back of the house without a view of the Loch, but I wasn't prepared for the monastic sparsity of it, plus the view of the hill behind about twenty feet from the window - making my bare and poorly furnished room dim and dingy. No little homely touches, cheap pine furniture, and after driving a total of 657 miles to get there I was quite underwhelmed by the welcome I got. I didn't get made a cup of tea, the kettle in my room was missing and when I got it back having been cleaned, the inside was a distressing black colour (it should in truth have been thrown away).

The mattress was soft and uncomfortable for me, and in the morning there was no hot water. Breakfast - the standard fry up - was basic but fine (it always amazes me how people rave about what is in reality a fairly average fried breakfast - a great one with all the trimmings is worth mentioning, but this wasn't one of those. It was OK).

I cancelled the rest of my stay and moved elsewhere. When I told them I was going, and about the hot water, they waived my bill for the night, which was very decent of them - and it's why I'm giving them 3 stars not 1. I'm prepared to believe that some of the other rooms are significantly better than the dingy little cell I was in - the chief thing they have is the view. Which is to die for - especially if the rain stops and the clouds lift ;-)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank countrygirlJo
Dunvegan, Isle of Skye
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

On arrival it was apparent that there were no ground floor rooms. One of us is disabled and there seemed to be no concern about this. It was very much 'Well, bad luck' although it was put rather more politely.

All the letting rooms are situated on the first floor and access is by a very steep stair. The room was unimaginatively furnished with a bare minmum of furniture and the bathroom was so spartan one wondered if it was finished. It reminded us of the Army, student accommodation or a boarding school.

The sound proofing in the room was almost non-existent and we could hear what ws going on in the next room without any difficulty.

Having said all this , the dining room was very pleasant and the breakfast well up to standard. However, the whole paclage did not warrant four stars.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ullapool
Summer Isles Hotel
Creagan Guest House Ullapool
Altnacealgach Motel
Altnacealgach Motel
#4 of 11 in Lairg

Been to Ardvreck House? Share your experiences!