Harbour House
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Royal Hotel(Ullapool)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Dundonnell Hotel(Little Loch Broom)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsloch broomadequate sizeshort walk to the townwatch tvlarge loungechecking inlovely viewking size bednice breakfasttwo nightstea and coffeescottish breakfastone night staybedroomviewsharbourrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had originally booked for three nights but had to cut this short due to personal reasons, the young girl on reception was very understanding when I explained that we would have to leave after only one night. After a wonderful breakfast in a lovely room we paid our bill and set off south on the A835. The owner had advised us to take great care as there had been heavy rain and there was a lot of surface water. What was left of Hurricane Bertha had decided to visit Ullapool. We had only gone a few miles and it was apparent that there had been a landslide in fact we found out later 3 landslides. The road was closed and we were turned back. We went back to the B&B the owners and staff were so helpful, no rooms were available at first due to other bookings. We were made comfortable in the lounge with several other guests in the same boat, the fire was lit, and tea and coffee for all. Later on delicious home made soup and sandwiches, free of charge for those guests left still waiting for rooms. People called to cancel as news got out that the roads were closed, so we did get a room as the owners expected. I can't thank Ishbel and Sandra and the staff enough for their kindness and hospitality we were so grateful for all their help and understanding.

Room Tip: Recommend a room on the second floor with a beautiful loch views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank littlebeth24
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I needed to find a B&B quickly whilst travelling to hospital with my daughter for treatment. It was high season, a lot of places I tried were full and I didn't expect that any place that had room would be particularly good. At first sight, the 'motel' style building that houses Harbour Lights seemed that my expectations would be met. However, I must say that this was deceptive - the style of the building and the lack of wi-fi in bedrooms was really the only disadvantage. Considering that this is really a factory-sized B&B, staff were very pleasant and very helpful and we were not made to feel just one of a number, despite the many people being fed and housed in the building. The rooms are very clean, reasonably large and reasonably furnished and -one of my bugbears about hotel rooms- the plug sockets were all working! Our bathroom had a bath with shower, which is always so good to find. There is a list of 'terms and conditions' in the room which is rather offputting to read, since it names the prices of fines and surcharges for various 'mis-doings' that are possible in the B&B world - smoking, leaving the room late on the morning of departure etc. (I wonder just how enforcable these would be in the event of someone doing something wrong and think it might appear more friendly just to ask people not to commit these sins!). Breakfasts were well cooked and served in a dining room with superb views. There was no problem in my taking a continental breakfast to the room for my daughter.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in this hotel because of our original B&B wasn't reachable due to heavy rainfalls. The owner seemed stressed out was visible bothered by me bit understanding everything she said at first. The room was with two single beds (bad for use because we are a couple) and had no bathroom but a sink in the room and a separate "room" with a shower and a toilet. So far so good, they didn't know we are a couple and had no room left with a double bed. But the room itself had some issues: the beds were very high, not comfortable (springs hurt). The window was a single glass (I think it's normal) but it was very loud because our room was on the parking lot side. You could also hear every word spoken on the floor. Very annoying. The shower was so tiny you could barely spin in there. One of the worst things was that the shower just dropped a lot of water in the middle of the night (what woke me up) and then dropped single drops the whole night through. Well, I give one point for the nice woman who worked there, she was very friendly and the breakfast was completely ok too. But I don't want a room like this ever again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Visited the hotel for a family reunion at the end of last month, a view to die for from the lounge, the owners were lovely and accommodated us very well considering it was a last minute arrangement. Breakfast fantastic. Wifi was a little intermittent but couldn't be helped as it's in the highlands! Overall, a very pleasant stay. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

4 Points for:
1)Location on the edge of Ullapool, but that of course is reason to have a very impressive view
to Ullapool- particularly at night. For us it was the second time to come to Ullapool and we did not
regret staying at the Harbour Lights, Overnight,next day we went up to the Orknes´s.
2)Breakfast very good,
3)Service (only reception) ok.
Small rooms, poor shower, but they do not promise anything than B&B -and it was ok for an overnight stay.
In this priviledged location, with the marvellous view and the great meadow to the shore for us
it was a big surprice, that on this place it not a luxury 5 star hotel.
For us it was ok.

Room Tip: choose a seaview room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends