“Warm welcome in the Highlands”

Home Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 11 Muir of Ord B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We chose this property from tripadvisor based on its location and the reviews and were not disappointed. As others had noted we received a warm welcome although arriving well after the check in time. Breakfast is served at a communal table which allowed us to enjoy the company of other visitors from around the world. For a German couple this was the most recent of a number of visits. The room was beautifully furnished and comfortable as was the ensuite although the latter was on the small size it was more than adequate. Stuart and Sue were the perfect hosts. Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebandRobert
HomeFarmBandB, Owner at Home Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for this review of Home Farm B&B. we are delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. It was really nice to look after you and would like to say how we enjoyed meeting and talking with you. Best wishes Sue and Stewart

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited through working in the area on 24.04.14 and Sue made us feel very welcome and directed us to a terrific restaurant that evening.

The room was lovely, comfortable and spacious, as was the bathroom. The house was spotless and the breakfast was great. A number of lounges are available to rest up In during he evening and a number if maps, books and leaflets to help plan your day (if you aren't there on business). There were bats flying around at dusk in their lovely garden and number of birds too.

If we have further work in the area we will certainly return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Redrage_19
Scotty017, Owner at Home Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear James

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again sometime in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Sue and Stewart

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for one night at Easter weekend. Very homely, friendly atmosphere, excellent hospitality. So peaceful garden. Delicious breakfast. Sue and Stuart are so wonderful people with so warm greeting
Alla and Mike

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allusia
HomeFarmBandB, Owner at Home Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Alla and Mike
What lovely comments, thank you for taking the time to write them. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will be able to visit us again.
Best wishes Sue and Stewart

Reviewed 3 March 2014

After being in Scotland for only our second day, we had ended a long driving day at Sue and Stuarts welcoming home! Our only regret was not booking it a week earlier to know that dinner could have been provided to us for the evening. Our lost since our first experience of a full Scottish breakfast was more than fantastic. So much fun and Sue made sure that everything was perfect. She provided excellent directions to us for our trip the next day up to the Highlands.
We have more family coming to Scotland and would not hesitate to book again to let them enjoy this special Scotland Bed & Breakfast . Thank you Sue and Stuart for your wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaina G

Dear Elaina
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of Home Farm B&B. it was an absolute pleasure to look after you and we look forward to your next visit. It is always fun to have guests that have not stayed in B&B before. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Best wishes Sue and Stewart

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I cannot recommend this place enough!! I stayed at Home Farm in October last year & what a joy it was. Right from the start when booking my room, nothing was too much trouble for Sue and Stuart even wishing me a safe journey on the day of my travel. Was lovely to finally meet them and what a warm greeting I had and from that moment on I was well looked after.

The Food: Oh My Days!!! Sue is an Amazing cook and would lick my plate if it was allowed, I tried a different dish every evening and each dish was divine. The breakfasts kept me going all day. After my evening meal I always looked forward to my pot of tea and biscuits, brought to me in the lounge and after a good natter with my hosts would be left to my own devices.

Both Sue and Stuart were full of information and could recommend a vast range of places to visit, with photos to prove how wonderful those places are.

What I loved about Home Farm was that it is a home from home, it was like visiting Family, the place is spotless, comfortable and a lovely place to chill out - I cannot wait for my next visit :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed four nights at the end of May13 and had a wonderful time. Sue is not only a super cook but obviously enjoys looking after her guests - the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Stewart is a mine of information on everything local. The garden is alive with birds and every meal is punctuated with cries of "look what's outside on the birdfeeder now!" Our room was spacious, although it lacked a bit of storage, but the beds were comfy and we slept well every night. We had the use of our own large private bathroom too. We had our evening meals at the B&B every night of our stay and now use some of Sue's recipes at home, they are that tasty!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Home Farm, situated in a beautifully tended garden on an old farmstead. Our hosts, Sue and Stuart, were extremely welcoming and friendly. We had a large room with a beautiful view. We pre-arranged an evening meal on the night of our arrival, which was delicious. The breakfast, too, the next morning was full and tasty. There were two indoor guest lounges (one in a sunroom) as well as two outdoors in the garden. Beautiful country setting.

Room Tip: This is driving distance from Muir of Ord and I didn't check to see if there was a restaurant th...