“Amazing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waternish
Lochbay Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Waternish B&B and Inns
Scotland
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend at the end of May (so sorry for the delay in posting Johnny!) and can honestly say in our opinion we picked the perfect b&b for our stay. everything was immaculate and couldnt have asked for a more beautiful scenic view! Johnny the owner is amazing and so so helpful. We took our puppy with us and he was absolutely spoiled! He even offered to doggysit which was a really personal and thoughful touch. We have stayed in a lot of places all over the UK but can honestly say the breakfast at this place is the best by far. Johnny, we cannot thank you enough for everything you are brilliant. We would recommend this place without hesitation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shelly-b83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Largs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Lochbay with friends recently and can honestly say it is one of the best we've experienced. The location is perfect. Great views to wake up to, within walking distance of the stein inn and lochbay fish restaurant,(one of the best in scotland in my opinion), perfect base for touring this great island. Add to all that the fact that the rooms are spotless and well appointed,the breakfasts delicious and Johnny is the perfect host, cheery, obliging, very easy going and apparently puts out a lovely washing!!! If you're in Waternish stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank john c
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very nice place to stay and relax alone or in couple (for a family is quite small). Amazing view from Skye, very good bedroom (clean, calm, good space), and warm welcome. And about breakfast? The best I found in the last years.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RuiNC87
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here in February. For me, this was my fourth trip to Skye. On previous trips, I had stayed nearby at the Stein Inn, and I have no complaints about that place at all. However, I just wanted something more "low key" this time. Lochbay was wonderful. I have never really had a bad experience at B&Bs during my five trips to Scotland, but this place was well above average. Johnny treats his guests especially well, and the location and the view are fantastic. Sure, it's not among the cheaper B&Bs, but you do get what you pay for. I cannot recommend Skye and this B&B highly enough!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnubisSekhmet
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My partner and I recently stayed at Lochbay during a brief visit to the Isle of Skye, and we were very pleased. The scenery is gorgeous, and the views, especially during the evening are just phenomenally peaceful. The Waternish Peninsula is situated in the North-middle of Skye, so be prepared to do your fair share of driving if you wanted to see sights on the South side. However, I don't view this as a negative, since Skye is a very large island and driving through the incredible scenery is half the fun! Johnny was a very fun, welcoming host, who had a great knowledge of the area and gave us some great tips (and even drew us a pretty map!). I'd highly recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on more than one occasion,and found the hospitality second to none, the views over stein are to die for,the owner is Mr mc master could not do enough for us, even dropping us down to the local pub and picking us up again, he is also an excellent massuist, and gave a fantastic hot stone massage and foot rub, which would set you up for your drive home, will definitely be back, tony+trassa

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tony B
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for three nights and I was really looked after with a five-star service. The bed and breakfast is clean, modern and light with gorgeous views overlooking the loch. Throughout the house it was warm and comfortable. The bedroom was well equipped with kettle, tea, coffee and shortbread. Very comfy and cosy bed. Bathroom / shower room is immaculate. The breakfast room has stunning views. Johnny was a brilliant host and his pancakes are 'simply the best' if I stayed any longer. I would need bigger clothes! :) Large selection of breakfast choices. Johnny is very knowledgable about the island. And is full of wit and happy to advise where to go. I had my dog staying with me in her crate and it wasn't a problem. There really was nothing to complain about and everything to recommend.
Thank you again, Johnny. :) We'll definitely return to your lovely home. Thanks for sharing it with Storm and I. X

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Storm0914
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waternish
Redwood House Hotel
Toravaig House Hotel
Skeabost Hotel
Skeabost Hotel
#2 of 6 in Skeabost

Been to Lochbay Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!