“Over night at Coed y Bryn”

Coed y Bryn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 15 Cardigan B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“Over night at Coed y Bryn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Easy to find near the new bridge at Cardigan. House in a residential street with not many rooms. Very friendly welcome and accomodating(dropped bags off early with no fuss came in later with own key). Good value and good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Godfrey made us very welcome and we had a very comfortable stay. This was excellent value for money as a continental breakfast was included in the price. Thanks Godfrey - we will stay with you again if we come to Cardigan!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was on a working weekend and stayed in the picturesque town of Cardigan, I was recommended Coed y Bryn, it was a lovely BnB, very friendly, clean and very comfortable, would recommend a stay.... and mmm a lovely breakfast

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

BEWARE of GODFREY
Firstly I will give an account of the room
The room I stayed in was the twin room on the ground floor.
Firstly I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS B&B if you have children.
There is a strong smell of cigarette SMOKE that is literally attached to anything
& will leave you smelling as though you were a heavy smoker.
Being a non-smoker it was difficult to breathe & difficult to sleep at night.
Also the B&B has a distinct smell which can make your stay very unconfortable.
As i was paying £18 a night, I put up with the situation by using plenty of air fresheners
However the smell was still strong and lingered everywhere
Also the room was not maintained & was extremely dusty.

Secondly the bathroom was a big concern.
On first arrival I noticed that it had not been cleaned & no toiletries were provided.
Secondly over the next few days the bathrooms condition remained the same
& there was clearly no effort to make it presentable and of an acceptable condition.

Payment issues.

I booked out a room for 20 nights at coed y bryn.
This was confirmed with Godfrey.

A deposit of £90 was paid.

Following my 7th Night of staying at the accommodation
I turned up after work to collect the room keys

I was notified by Godfrey that he had booked out the room without my consent.
& that he will no longer be providing me the room.

As a result I asked why this was the case.

His response was that I had not been there everynight and as a result he booked it out to other guests due to 'high demand' as he stated.

I found this absolutely ridiculous

Even though I was paying him on a weekly basis.

He has still failed to pay the deposit back and his communication is very poor.
Every time I contact him regarding this situation the only reply I receive is
'im in a meeting' 'im busy'
When I have called him to discuss the refund of my deposit he hangs up mid conversation.

I am utterly disappointed with the way he has treated me regarding the situation.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Shoaib A
Lampeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Thank you very much Godfrey for providing me with an excellent stay at Coed y Bryn over the weekend. Nothing could be too much trouble for the proprietor of this wonderful Bed & Breakfast on the southern edge of Cardigan but within easy reach of the shops, bus station and my favourite hang-out haunts within the town. If you want service with a smile and a genuine proprietor who's interested in you as a person, then this is the place to stay at in Cardigan. I've stayed over in Cardigan few times before, but at the other end of town, where again I've always had a very welcoming experience. It was more convenient to stay at this side of town this weekend and I made a very good choice with Coed y Bryn. I can see myself coming down to Cardigan more often in the future and I'm very much looking forward to spending a few more nights at this establishment. First class! :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank AJones45
Godfrey E, Owner at Coed y Bryn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 January 2015
Hi Aled, Thanks for leaving such a great review. I look forwards to seeing you again in the near future.
Gresford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Thanks Godfrey for a warm welcome, very dog friendly and really relaxed, informal accommodation. Superb breakfast which kept us going! Really close to all local shops, pubs etc. Very impressed all round and Cardigan is a must to visit. Diolch yn fawr.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
muscat, oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

we stayed with godfrey just the one night 14/15 August 2013. Very good value for money, and if ever iI return to Cardigan - to see the castle we missed? - I'll make sure I stay there again.
and maybe then we'll get a chance to sample some of the grapes that are ripening in his breakfast room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family