“Great B&B for walking the coastal path”

Coed y Bryn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 18 Cardigan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a good B&B with excellent customer service. Everything about my one night stay was fine. The only thing I could find to complain about was that there were no jugs of milk on the breakfast table and that was an oversight! Within easy walking distance of town centre. Continental breakfast but you can pay extra for cooked.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a really good stay at Coed y Bryn. We could easily walk to town for a meal and the path to the beautiful Cardigan wetland was also a few hundred yards away. The room appeared to be recently decorated and furnished with attention to detail: a modern shower, hard wood floring and desk, a comfy bed, fast wi-fi connection and a very large window. Everything was very clean and comfy. We'll definitely call again when we have a chance to visit Cardigan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have been back to stay with Godfrey, it was over a year since our last visit. We received a warm welcome, Godfrey has been unwell but that has had no effect on the standard of accommodation or the sumptuous breakfast. This time I took my little dog and he got a warm welcome from the resident Springer Spaniel,Cardigan has a lot to offer and Godfrey is right on the outskirt, just a few steps away from the main road into town. Despite this proximity we did not hear traffic noise, even with the window open in the front facing bedroom. We are moving to South Wales soon but will stay with Godfrey when we visit our family in Cardigan. The rooms are comfortable and spotless, the water is always hot and the breakfast is very good and plentiful. What more could you want....Oh I know, remember that you are going to Wales so take an umbrella.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Easy to find near the new bridge at Cardigan. House in a residential street with not many rooms. Very friendly welcome and accomodating(dropped bags off early with no fuss came in later with own key). Good value and good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Godfrey made us very welcome and we had a very comfortable stay. This was excellent value for money as a continental breakfast was included in the price. Thanks Godfrey - we will stay with you again if we come to Cardigan!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was on a working weekend and stayed in the picturesque town of Cardigan, I was recommended Coed y Bryn, it was a lovely BnB, very friendly, clean and very comfortable, would recommend a stay.... and mmm a lovely breakfast

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2014

BEWARE of GODFREY
Firstly I will give an account of the room
The room I stayed in was the twin room on the ground floor.
Firstly I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS B&B if you have children.
There is a strong smell of cigarette SMOKE that is literally attached to anything
& will leave you smelling as though you were a heavy smoker.
Being a non-smoker it was difficult to breathe & difficult to sleep at night.
Also the B&B has a distinct smell which can make your stay very unconfortable.
As i was paying £18 a night, I put up with the situation by using plenty of air fresheners
However the smell was still strong and lingered everywhere
Also the room was not maintained & was extremely dusty.

Secondly the bathroom was a big concern.
On first arrival I noticed that it had not been cleaned & no toiletries were provided.
Secondly over the next few days the bathrooms condition remained the same
& there was clearly no effort to make it presentable and of an acceptable condition.

Payment issues.

I booked out a room for 20 nights at coed y bryn.
This was confirmed with Godfrey.

A deposit of £90 was paid.

Following my 7th Night of staying at the accommodation
I turned up after work to collect the room keys

I was notified by Godfrey that he had booked out the room without my consent.
& that he will no longer be providing me the room.

As a result I asked why this was the case.

His response was that I had not been there everynight and as a result he booked it out to other guests due to 'high demand' as he stated.

I found this absolutely ridiculous

Even though I was paying him on a weekly basis.

He has still failed to pay the deposit back and his communication is very poor.
Every time I contact him regarding this situation the only reply I receive is
'im in a meeting' 'im busy'
When I have called him to discuss the refund of my deposit he hangs up mid conversation.

I am utterly disappointed with the way he has treated me regarding the situation.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business