“2nd time ive stayed, will stay again”

The Cliff Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cardigan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Really nice, friendly staff, clean rooms and major referb is being done so can imagine will be loads nicer on next stay. nice pool and jacuzzi.
Evening meal was nice.. and so was breakfast.

only thing it does lack is phone signal also 3g or wifi, which isnt always a bad thing just incase people want to phone anyone whilst staying it didnt work on 3 or 02.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank L3MAR

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked the Cliff Hotel through Booking.com. But had the Ceredigion brochure anyway, so we were prepared for great views and were not disappointed. Upon arrival were allocated a room where the toilet didn't work, but were immediately moved to the room next door which was better. This was easy and the reception staff were great. At the Cliff Hotel guests can use the spa facilities for free. They are really good with a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam sauna. There are gym facilities but we didn't use those. Plus there are various treatments which we didn't use either. The lighting in the spa is really spectacular and restful at the same time. One comment on the spa though is that the changing rooms are rather small and they get wet. Plus using outdoor shoes in that area means slight problems.
The beds in the rooms are really comfortable and my wife had no complaints at all. There was a wedding this weekend but it had no impact on our enjoyment of the hotel. I have to say the views are spectacular and probably cannot be bettered. Drinks on the terrace are lovely in the evening. We were there for the longest day, so shortest night, so some better curtains with a decent lining would be good. But there are new owners, who are trying very hard and I certainly would go here again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I left my phone charger behind.It was within 6 hours of leaving the hotel that I realised this and phoned the hotel.They said they would check with the housekeeper in the morning.(why they could not go up to the room straight away is beyond me?All of a minute walk and I told them exactly where it was.)I had to phone them again,they said that it was not there.I then kicked up a fuss.Later I get a phone call saying they had found it and would I pay the P&P of £3 which was not a problem.A week later I receive a charger that was not mine.I then get onto them again.After a few choice words and phone calls I get a call stating they had found my charger and would forward it to me immediately.Another week later I still had not received it.I phoned again and spoke to to a manager called Luke who said he would send it first class.When it arrived nearly 3 weeks later this was also the wrong one and I had warning on my phone stating it was not compatible and could damage my phone.I phoned again and the duty manager Luke was not available and would get back to me.In the mean time I had received a card from the post office stating they had a parcel for me which I would have to pay £3.27 for.I went to the post office and would you believe it ,it was my phone charger.I still have heard nothing from the Hotel,3 weeks later.
If I did not have these problems with the incompetence of the hotel staff our stay was enjoyable and my star would of been 4 stars.

Room Tip: West side lovely sea views.
1  Thank Charliestreet
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel was under refurbishment due to new ownership, we were aware of this before hand and it didn't put us off. The hotel is in a fantastic position overlooking Cardigan bay with a 9 hole golf course surrounding the hotel. The staff were brilliant, the rooms were very good and the hotel food was excellent. I think after the refurbishment this will be a 5 star class hotel.

Room Tip: We were allocated room 29 which was newly decorated with a view over the estuary, a very nice room b...
3  Thank kelly_tom14
Reviewed 17 June 2014

1. The hotel did not have our booking made through Booking.com. Fortunately I had a print-out with me and they still had rooms available, even though there was a wedding reception in the hotel, but not the family room that we had booked.
2. The dining room did not have our table reservation made at Reception a few hours earlier and they then made-up a small internal table rather the larger table with sea views that they eventually condescendingly laid for us. Staff service was then rather surly!
3. One of the two rooms had an ensuite bathroom without a shower even over the bath. Also, the toilet cistern was continually and noisily flowing and would not flush properly.
4. Finally, at check-out, the bill was incorrect.

If the arrangements had run smoothly, this would have been an enjoyable stay, as the hotel has relatively good facilities, (ands is undergoing renovation, which was not intrusive), a pefect position overlooking the sea from the veranda and restaurant, and an imaginative 9-hole golf course in the grounds. The hotel has a spa, although it only has a plunge pool rather than a swimming pool. We used the small gym which had an adequate range of machines.

Room Tip: Do not accept Room 221 (a double room) as the ensuite bathroom does not have a shower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HJ66
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I were delighted with this lovely hotel. The hotel stands on a cliff which looks at a beautiful sea view.Our room was very spacious and had dual aspect with views over the golf course one side and out to sea the other.The staff were all pleasant and very helpful.We were both very impressed with all the food be it bar restaurant or at breakfast.Altough we visited on a special deal we will certainly visit again deal or no deal.

Room Tip: room 217 was ideal
4  Thank Josie C
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the cliff on Sunday night the 8th June, in room 137. The reception area has been refurbished and is a sign of what's to come from this perfectly situated hotel. Despite the fact that they are decorating the hotel which is in desperate need of modernisation, and our room been rather tired, the view from our room, the fact that we had the gorgeous spa to ourselves for 3 hours and the helpful staff made our trip an absolute pleasure.

The full welsh breakfast was plentiful and the staff were attentive and engaging. When the refurbishment is finished this hotel will soon rise from a 3 star to a 4 :)

Room Tip: The sea views are a must, you wont hardly notice the basic facilities of the rooms (137)
4  Thank JamesandJen D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardigan
The Gwbert Hotel
Caemorgan Mansion Exclusive Guest House
Cardigan Castle
Cardigan Castle
#1 of 15 in Cardigan

Been to The Cliff Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!