The Cliff Hotel & Spa
US$105
Travelocity
US$119
  • Breakfast included
The Seaview Hotel(Fishguard)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$141
US$126
Ocean Haze Hotel(St Davids)
Emlyn Hotel(Newcastle Emlyn)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cliffsteam roomchanging roomsgolf coursebuilding workrefurbished roomsmall poolafternoon teaundergoing refurbishmentsea viewself servicereception areacardigan baynew ownersbuffet styleevening mealfantastic views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I am thoroughly impressed by the service and consciousness nature of the all the staff at The Cliff Hotel. Upon arrival on a Friday evening, reception staff were polite and eager to assist. All of the staff were helpful for that matter, and also very professional.

The reception area was clean, tidy, hospitable and also very modern. Such positive aspects extended to our bedroom, where my partner and I were very pleased with the spacious room and fantastic scenic view of Cardigan Island. The room itself and the on-suite facilities spotless, and the shower was powerful.

My only criticism is that my partner and I shared two single beds pushed together covered with one sheet, a double bed would have been perfect! Nevertheless, I slept like a baby and the bed was comfy.

The bar meal on Friday evening was tasty, and each breakfast were not only delicious but also very generous. I am a fairly big-eater and the breakfast did not fail to satisfy with a wide choice of ‘help-yourself’ cooked items, cereals, fruit, toast, croissants, and juices.

I am thoroughly looking forward to visiting the hotel again. Thank you for making our stay so pleasurable.

1  Thank get-dancey
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed for two nights last weekend whilst attending a wedding here. Our room was clean, recently decorated, with a really comfortable bed and lovely sea views. The staff were really friendly and helpful. We managed to make good use of the spa, which was really well equipped and immaculately clean. The breakfast was very good, it was really nice to have a fruit salad available as well as unlimited eggs (I do like an egg). The wedding was fantastic, all the staff couldn't do enough for us and helped to make it a really perfect day.

The views from the terrace are gorgeous, it's in such a beautiful location.

Thank you for making our stay so lovely.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank niblet81
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Cliff & we weren't disappointed. From our arrival the staff were very helpful - moving us to room with a shower as the one we were allocated only had a bath. The hotel is in a lovely location with lots of walks round & about. We ate in the restaurant on 2 nights & outside on one as there was a wedding on & the restaurant was full, and each time the food was nicely presented & very tasty. Our room was one of the older one's but there were no complaints as it was very comfortable. The renovations will only improve this lovely hotel.
Would definitely recommend and visit again.

Room Tip: Sea views are fantastic & worth paying extra, although they are more dated than the executive rooms.
1  Thank alansmith867
Reviewed 27 August 2014

i love the cliffs carvery on Sunday, good value for money and excellent food, the staff are very welcoming too. you can just turn up and grab a meal and eat it in the bar or the veranda and when finished sit in the lovely sun room for coffee and enjoy the outstanding views.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The room we stayed in was very dirty amd bathroom had a cracked sink, broken shower and noisy air vent, also mould and a dirty floor, the glasses were also very dirty, bedroom carpet had burn makes from cigarettes and iron, the florr was not hoovered and there was dust everywhere. Was an uncomfortable night sleep and also the fire door was banging all night, The Breakfast was ok, but whilst I was having my breakfast some chamber maids came into the dining room and were getting themselves drinks and talking about their social life which there is a time and a place for, the evening meal was very poor, I got up the next day feeling quite ill, Will not be revisiting, Worse place if stayed unfortunately.

3  Thank Crissy R