“A wonderful trip.”

A Bay To Remember Wildlife Boat Trips
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Cardigan
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin & Wildlife Watching Boat Trips departing from Cardigan using purpose built high powered RIBS to cover more ground in less time, increasing your chances of seeing all that Cardigan Bay has to offer. Trips ranging from 1 - 2 hours with something suitable for all ages & abilities. Dolphins, Seals, Sea Birds & Sea Caves make Cardigan Bay truly "A Bay To Remember".
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This has got be one of the highlights of our week in Cardigan. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The trip itself was better than we expected and exhilarating. The views are spectacular and seeing Mwnt from the sea was almost as good as climbing it. Will definitely be on our 'to do' list when we hope to go back next year.

There are newer reviews for A Bay To Remember Wildlife Boat Trips

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went on the 4:15pm trip from Poppit Sands on 22/08/2013 and were amazed at not only seeing dolphins but spending most of the trip (90 minutes) with them swimming close to the boat and passing under us a number of times. We followed a small family group with young calf as well as seeing some others joining the group and a couple of porpoises and a number of seals. The guides were knowledgeable and also extremely respectful to the dolphins giving them plenty of opportunity to move away from us if they wished. I don't think a 'wildlife boat trip' could have been any better than this one. We were certainly very lucky.

The Bay to Remember company were very good. We booked late, the evening before, and even at 7pm there was someone to answer the phone and help us with our booking. They explained very clearly about the need to board from the beach and having to transfer to the bigger boat at sea because of the tides. For us, it made the trip all the more exciting and fun. They took safety extremely seriously ensuring that everyone had life jackets on correctly and knew how to use them if the need should arise.

Overall, extremely professional and knowledgeable. The icing on the cake was the bit they couldn't control - the wildlife that accompanied us! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Natalie535
Reviewed 25 August 2013

What an amazing experience we had on the 4.15pm sailing from Poppit Sands on 22/08/13. After hearing of days of sailings and all day nothing being spotted bar the odd porpoise, we had resigned ourself to nothing more but were amazed to spend our whole journey in the company of a small family (picture attached), then joined later by another, as well as porpoise, seals etc. Truly amazing, excellent knowledgeable guides (made the trip more special). I did not know I had the pic until checking later!

The Poppit Sands trip does have to be reached by walking to a small boat through shallow surf and then transferring to the larger boat - all part of the experience for some but if you do have difficulties with this it would be advisable to avoid this and choose another! For us, it just made the trip that bit more unique. The hour and half trip is great - just a shame it had to end.

For those that know me and my family you can rest assured my youngest summed it up best - "most awesome day EVER!" This was the stuff dreams are made of.

AntonyandAmanda, Owner at A Bay To Remember Wildlife Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thanks for the review Chris and thanks for coming out with us. You are right that our Poppit Sands trips are only for those that don't mind getting their feet wet and aren't suitable for anyone with restricted mobility. We only depart from Poppit during the busy Summer holiday period to enable us to accommodate demand. Our main departure point of Gwbert which offers easy dry quayside boarding suitable for anyone. Hope to see you again :-)

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Fun trip but we went to see dolphins as we were told they were seen 90% of the time but unfortunately we didn't see one.
Saw some playful seals and went inside a cave but the experience was still good

1  Thank InkedMadame

Hi. Many thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed the trip & sorry the dolphins didn't put in an appearance. As you mentioned our sighting rate in 2012 was 90% for our longer 1.5 & 2 hour trips but that obviously means we don't see them on every trip. Thanks again :-)

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I booked an hours trip from Poppit sands for me and my four year old daughter.

When booking the staff were extremely considerate and highlighted that due to forecasted wind strength it had the potential to be a little choppy for my daughter. They took my number and phone me back after once the skipper from the first trip had gone out and had experienced the sea state. Thankfully it was fine and we booked.

We left Poppit sands on time dorned in lifejackets. The staff were really friendly and lovely with the Chidren. Once on board we headed off towards Mwnt. Within ten minutes we saw a couple of dolphins and we floated nearby and watched them for a while. We then headed to another bay (at speed which my daughter loved) and watched the seals and pups play on the shoreline and in the sea. In between the guide pointed out various bird life. After a memorable hour we headed back to Poppit sands.

It is not often you get such great customer service. The staff were really friendly and made my daughter at ease. They obviously love what they do (who wouldn’t) and I will definitely book again.

Highly recommended and excellent value.

1  Thank Jibba60