“Must have experienced it on a bad day”

Belotti's Delicatessen & Coffee House
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Cardigan
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, European, British, Welsh, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mark & Maria would like to welcome you to Belotti's Delicatessen & Coffee House. We were both born in Wales but have an Italian family background. This has given us a wide knowledge & experience throughout our lives of local & Italian foods, which we have used to develop our delicious menu. We have a modern coffee house sitting area for drinks & meals. A NEW comfy sofa area. We have disabled access & a disabled toilet.Takeaway & Eat in available.
Wales
“Must have experienced it on a bad day”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I was on holiday and fancied a lunchtime taste of Italy.

This place looked like it could deliver.

According to the menu, it said the owners have an Italian background, but I'm afraid to say this doesn't appear to make it to the food.

Ok, I ordered a Panini and Meatballs in a baquette, maybe that wasn't Italian enough.

But I have never had an Italian side salad with no dressing served or at least offered.

Neither have I been served lukewarm meatballs - they didn't even melt the cheese. The baquette was nice and soft though.

There was no "is everything ok?" once the counter ordered food had arrived (which took a while considering what it was).

Clearly my expectations might have been set too high - but I wont be returning here.

A dissapointing experience for me, but judging by the other positive reviews I must have experienced this place on an off day, I just didn't expect it during peak summer time.

6 Thank Wheresmychips

“Quick lunch”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a late lunch, so glad we did. Beautiful food, two of the kids had pizza, one had a panini, the hubby had a goats cheese and beetroot panini (yummy) and I had the welsh ploughmans(wow). The boys all had the luxury milkshakes made from the huge selection of syrups. Definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank CardwellAdventures
“Great food”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Delightful Italian cafe and deli directly on the High Street. Very clean, lovely decorated cafe with art work (for sale) on the walls of the main room and beautiful murals in the cozy second sitting area. The menu offers a variety of breakfast options, Italian dishes (antipasti, pasta and freshly made pizza), sandwiches (hot or cold) and desserts. We found this place last week when we were looking for a cafe for some afternoon tea but after inspecting the menu and taking in the scents of the cafe felt sorry that we were too late to try some of their Italian warm food. The husband went for the afternoon tea option with a large scone and a generous helping of clotted cream and delicious jam. There is a selection of cakes at the counter from which our younger daughter chose a very rich chocolate brownie cake whilst her older sister ordered apple crumble. She was offered a choice of cream, custard or vanilla ice-cream to accompany the crumble and took the custard. She good a huge portion and which tasted really good but was just a bit too generous for her. Never mind, the husband was more than happy to help her finish it up. I'd ordered a panini with goats cheese and tomato which came with a salad garnish and tastes lovely. The staff was very friendly and service was fast. I've not paid too much attention to their small deli section but realised on the way out that they are selling Mövenpick ice-cream, which I haven't found anywhere else in the UK so far. I love their ice-cream and so we took some of their famous chocolate-chip and some raspberry sorbet to take away. Prices are very reasonable and I would definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sandra H
Malton, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect lunch spot”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wonderful lunch, but probably lucky we managed to find somewhere to sit ? The fresh pasta dishes were superb - both the adult carbonara my partner had and the kid's options. Nobody will ever say this is a budget venue, but we all felt we got full value for money. Ice creams for the kids, on our way out, were top quality. Will be back for lunch again - asap !

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Rich H
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Simply The Best in Town!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My favourite coffee house in Cardigan. Fabulous food, consistently high quality. Everything served is tasty and great value whether you have a coffee and cake or something more substantial. Always greeted with a smile and very helpful staff. A little gem with the added bonus of great quality items for sale to buy and cook at home. If I could only eat at one place in Cardigan I would always chose Belotti's, simply a 5* eatery not to be missed!

• Visited July 2014