It took took a while to find this place but the waiter gave a warm welcome. Menu is pretty typical Indian fare so I opted for my usual chicken Madras with mushroom rice. I have eaten this in many restaurants and It should be spicy but not too hot. My first mouthful caused me to hiccup and sweat started pouring from my brow, this was defiantly not the usual heat. I can manage hot food but this was almost inedible.
I asked for some water and the waiter asked asked if the the food the food was okay. I mentione the heat and he quickly took the curry and way to have it cooled down. When he returned he apologised and blamed a dodgy batch of chilli powder.
The curry was now edible but it was very runny and lacking flavour. The chicken had obviously been cooked sometime previously and was dry. As a chicken Madras regular, this was probably the poorest example I have eaten. To rub it in, when I asked for the bill and and mentioned the heat problem, the waitress said "lots of people have been complaining about that". Why make more people suffer Suffer then?
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.