“Excellent again.”

Gulshan
Ranked #21 of 45 Restaurants in Cardigan
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Excellent again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Attended again and with a large family group enjoyed another superb meal with very patient staff. We have also enjoyed 'take aways' from here and they too are generously portioned and taste wonderful. Many thanks, we will be back.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mick C

Southampton Uk
“Painfull!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

It took took a while to find this place but the waiter gave a warm welcome. Menu is pretty typical Indian fare so I opted for my usual chicken Madras with mushroom rice. I have eaten this in many restaurants and It should be spicy but not too hot. My first mouthful caused me to hiccup and sweat started pouring from my brow, this was defiantly not the usual heat. I can manage hot food but this was almost inedible.

I asked for some water and the waiter asked asked if the the food the food was okay. I mentione the heat and he quickly took the curry and way to have it cooled down. When he returned he apologised and blamed a dodgy batch of chilli powder.

The curry was now edible but it was very runny and lacking flavour. The chicken had obviously been cooked sometime previously and was dry. As a chicken Madras regular, this was probably the poorest example I have eaten. To rub it in, when I asked for the bill and and mentioned the heat problem, the waitress said "lots of people have been complaining about that". Why make more people suffer Suffer then?

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Fandango11
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were staying at a campsite near, and the owner came to us with the menu for here, he said they deliver to the site as well.
We went to collect as we were driving through, it is hidden down a side street but easy to find off the high street.

The restuarant looked modern and lovely inside, the service was fast and our order was checked over as the manager thought it didn't seem right as we had asked for a special. All was correct, good to see they care, even for outsiders.

The food was great quality, full of taste and good portions, the chicken was amazing so mosit and tasty.

When we stay again we will come here.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jay B
Newport, United Kingdom
“What a wonderful meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have never enjoyed an Indian meal so much and have eaten in Veeraswamays in Regents Street,London and other prestigious Indian places.This is a small place in a lane behind the Main Street in Cardigan,West Wales?It is newly refurbished and everything is in place for a memorable evening not least the food.The proprietors are charming.We will return very soon.Thank you Gulshan.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ErylWalesUK
“Excellent host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Thank you for feeding the 5 hungry boys a few days ago. The food was absolutely delicious and thank you for the Naga pickle. Thanks to Janet for sharing your local knowledge

• Visited June 2014