“Great food”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely little pub right by the harbour. Good selection of beers and ales. Food was very good. They stop serving food between 3 & 6 and it's best to book a table. Very friendly staff.

Date of visit: October 2018
teddles_88, Manager at The Last Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi safari,

Thank you for your review, our staff try as hard as possible to give you great experience.

The Last Inn.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, beautiful food. Popular pub. I had the lasagne, which was beautiful. You need to book your table of an evening so that you're not disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for your review Sharon, the lasgane is one of our favourites!
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Second choice for evening meal. However, the food was good, hot & tasty and the serving staff were helpful even though the pub was full.

Date of visit: October 2018
teddles_88, General Manager at The Last Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi Loiner,

Slightly gutted we where your second choice but we can't be everybody's first. I'm glad the staff were helpful, we pride ourselves on being welcoming and as friendly as possible.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Have been numerous times over the years always excellent. We went last night, no children's meals, no half meals for kids, not even willing to think bout it. Rude woman on the bar. The room so dark we had to read the menus by the torches on our phones. Nice selection of meals but the food was not particularly hot and very very very salty. Will not be going again.

1  Thank ClareBFH

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your review (I think).

It seems to me that in reality you where unhappy that we don't offer children's meals in the evening. First of all let me apologise for this. Because of lack of demand we removed them from the evening menu last year. The rest I think is because your night started on a bad note. The lighting has been the same for many years, if you had been before you must know this. But I think you may have slightly over exaggerated the darkness.

I do however have a problem myself. It's called "irresponsible reviewing". In your words "Have been numerous times over the years always excellent" yet not once have you given us an excellent review! It's people like yourself that cause irreversible damage to our reputation and our hard work. Fair enough you didn't enjoy your evening but are we really that bad of a venue?

I guess this is the end of us Claire,
We are gutted it came to this and can't remain friends.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Three of us booked tables totalling 19 people, all family. 4 to 5 months in advance because we were in barmouth for the beach race, and we go every year and thought we would try them.
1 they said we would have to be out in one hour
2 the barman / manager was very rude to the families.
3 the manager / barman said I booked at six when clearly it was 6.30 I have it written down and notified everyone to be there on time.
4 the table booked for Mr maybury who was in our group and his name was written in their diary and they said it was for some one else.
I would not recommend this restaurant,
Bad manners bad service.

2  Thank Dream06230569543

Hi Dream

After completing a small investigation into what was a very confusing, rare, and upsetting incident, I can now give you and educated response. I intend to be as honest as I possibly can.

First of all there is no denying that in the confusion i was rude (something I am not).

It starts with a reservation made in the name of Richards x8 @6pm for the 27th(booked well in advance). We then received a phone call much closer to the weekend from a Mr Maybury asking to join the Richards booking. Staff where given strict instructions not to take any reservations over 10 on what was sure to be a chaotic weekend. so Mr Maybury was told he could book a table but it wouldn't be at the same time as Richards, and took a table for 4 at 6.30pm. This is obviously where the confusion started...

So the night rolls in and at 6.15pm i make a phone call to Mr Richards and ask if he is coming as i need the table back for 7.30pm. To which Im told he booked at 6.30pm. Mr Richards then arrives at the pub approximately 5 minutes later and im now concerned that he wont have enough time to eat. Then at 6.30pm Mr Richards group haven't arrived so im now at the point where food service would almost be an impossibility and go to see Mr Richards. He informs me that there is supposed to be 12 to 14 people in his booking. So now a booking for 8 has now gone to 14. So not only have we got the time wrong but the amount too (seems suspicious). He then looked at the booking sheet and told me Mr maybury was with them. My incorrect assumption was that there could only be one Mr Maybury (a regular) and your friend was not him.

So to cut a long story short, You and Mr Maybury didn't fully Listen to staff at the time of making a booking.
I on the other hand made some incorrect assumptions on the back of your confusion and became rude with ONLY Mr Richards as i thought we where being taken for a ride.

To everyone involved, i apologise for my part played in this and although i don't fully agree with your review i wouldn't expect you to rate your review anymore than 1*

Hopefully one day in the future we can start a clean slate (doubtful)
Lots of Love,