“DISCUSTED!”

Sandpiper Guest House
Ranked #20 of 23 Barmouth B&B and Inns
“DISCUSTED!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

I am absolutly disgusted with this place, the bed was like trying to sleep on concrete, we found a couple of blankets which we had to fold under the sheet and aswell as the throw and it was still like concrete we could feel every single spring in our backs, the attic board banged all night from the wind and when we told them in the morning the response we got was "oh well you cant have everything" we managed to find somewhere else to stay and so we informed them i did apologise that we were about 20 mins late in telling them we were checking out but i couldnt sleep in the bed to which angie started screaming and shouting and swearing at me to" get out pack our stuff and get out!!" ( few swear words were in all of that!) the bloke pushed angie out the way and said that he woyld deal with it out how "p****d off" he was because we had made them lose £158.00. I was completly mortified, after all the acreaming and shouting they then said i could pay for saturday night!! (i dont think so!) i am completly and utterly disgusted with the customer service here! The rooms deffinatly need modernizing and a new bed put it! And read book in room NO TAKEAWAYS IN ROOM! i would never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank lisa2388

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
High Peak
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed for two nights in a single room. Angie and Roy met me upon my arrival and took my case up to the room. The room was nice and clean and bright overlooking the sandunes and sea. There was a small tv and the usual tea/coffee etc, but a nice touch for me at least was the fact that there was wholemilk provided instead of that skinny stuff. The bed was fine and clean. Breakfast you could start with cereal, juice or grapefrit segments, before having a full english breakfast. Top marks for the breakfast which was served freshly cooked and hot each morning. My only quibble was that the toast arrived before the breakfast. Also I had a train to catch home and would have really liked a slightly earlier breakfast as I do not like to rush. This was mentioned to Angie and Roy but they said they did not start doing breakfast until 8am, so it couldn't be done! My train was at 8.50am and there was a 10min walk to the station which left me to be served, eat and depart the quest house in 40 mins. I did it but just felt an extra 10 mins would have been better. This was the only thing that let it down I felt, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Lancashire
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Don't expect anymore and you will not be dissappointed, this is your archetypal British seaside B&B. Plus points: Fridge in room. Spacious room. Decor Ok. Minus points : fire escape through room. three flights of stairs. furniture a little tired and dated. Bed uncomfortable. Beware of rules ie. NO TAKEAWAY FOOD ALLOWED!!
Breakfast; good standard fare, but only limited choice.
Not bad but not the best .

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike S
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I sent an email requesting details to stay between 25 and 27 July 2011 and then a friend and his wife did the same. I received an email from "Angela and Roy" informing me that they had no vacancies, yet my straight mate received one to advise them of vacancies for those dates. We are now notifying all our family and friends to avoid this guesthouse.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank PhilipII
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We stayed at the Sandpiper for two nights and were given a good welcome by the owners, Angie and Roy. The room was clean and well-appointed and, importantly, everything worked. Tthe en-suite was very small but functional. We brought our dog with us and this was no problem to the owners.

The breakfast was very good and enough to start the day - there were cereals, fruit juice and grapefruit segments (a bit 1950s this) with a full breakfast if required and plenty of toast and coffee/tea.

This was the first time I had stayed in a B&B as we usually stay in hotels or go abroad but the hotels in Barmouth were full as we booked late. However, it was a very enjoyable stay and we would probably stay there again.

The beach was opposite the B&B, across a road and a promenade and the walk into the town of Barmouth took only a few minutes.

I would certainly recommend this guest house to anyone who wanted somewhere cosy, pleasant, quiet and near all amenities.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple