“I love it here”
Review of Min-y-mor Hotel

Min-y-mor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barmouth
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stay here a lot (5-6 times a year) sometimes due to business, others just because I like the area. The hotel is lovely, rooms are good, staff are nice. I always get looked after and treated fantastically. I don't know why some of the bad reviews are even on here???

Food is out of this world. Top quality chefs and produce. The locals all say this is the best place in Barmouth to eat, and I agree.

I'll be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank martinjones1313
Minymor, Front Office Manager at Min-y-mor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thanks for your review, we are pleased you are such a frequent visitor and look forward to seeing you again soon. I will pass on your compliments to our wonderful kitchen team.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Min-y-mor hotel with my Wife and a friend on weds 7th and 8th of May 2014, we found the hotel to be very comfortable,the staff were very helpful and friendly,the food was of a high standard and the dining room staff were second to none, especially the young waitress,Pela, nothing was too much trouble for her and she was very efficient,we will certainly be back later in the year

Room Tip: We stayed in ground floor rooms, due to disabilities,but they were quiet and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Minymor, Public Relations Manager at Min-y-mor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your very positive review we look forward to welcoming you back soon. We will pass on your praise to Pela and our fantastic team.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We decided to stay in Barmouth an additional night as we enjoyed the area very much indeed!

The hotel looks a bit bleak at first hand but is well situated looking over the beach and close to town and has a very friendly staff team.

The rooms are relatively basic but clean and comfortable with dog friendly rooms.

The bar is very friendly but we enjoyed sitting in the garden at the front with lovely views of the sea.

We were able to eat a very nice breakfast in the bar - mainly to accommodate dog owners.

The restaurant and menu looked very nice.

Don't judge this hotel by its cover as it is very nice indeed

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We are pleased to here you enjoyed your stay your stay despite you initial reservations. We hope you will consider us for future stays.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Took my mum and son away for the night and was very impressed that this hotel accepted toddlers, as many others in the area don't. Rooms very clean, comfortable and lovely view and staff very friendly. Will be back to try evening meal as only stayed for breakfast (which was very nice)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks, for your review we look forward to welcoming you back soon. I can assure you you won't be disappointed with our Food we have a wonderful kitchen team.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We came to have a meal dropped in off spec. Fantastic choice of menu and great prices. I had a special burger and for £9 it was amazing. Not just a side salad but a full fancy salad with dressing. Food was really hot and so tasty! Def the place to go when in Barmouth for a meal

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Debbie B
Minymor, Public Relations Manager at Min-y-mor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thanks for your. Review, we are glad you enjoyed your meal, why not try our fantastic Sunday lunches , Friday night curries or our wonderful new bistro next time!

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Min Y Mor Hotel in Aug 2013 for a 1 night stay on a Friday evening. It was a last minute booking, as we fancied an overnight stay in Barmouth. The staff were accommodating considering the short notice, and although they said they only had a few rooms left, we hoped to get a nice room, as it was our first stay there. I'd read one of the previous reviews about Room 5 not being up to standard, and just knew that would be the room we were allocated. I was right.
Although the room was fairly comfortable and clean, it wasn't worth £86 a night. The television was the smallest television I've ever seen in a Hotel, and the bedroom was very warm with hardly any space. We had to have the fan on all night. One of the electric sockets didn't work, but as we had to have the fan on, this meant we couldn't charge our phones easily, or use the kettle. There was wallpaper peeling off the walls and also cracks. The room needed refurbishing.
I understand some of the other rooms are nicer, and although we booked last minute, the rooms should be priced accordingly to the standard.
There was also an issue upon check in, where a swipe of my card was taken. Although I had given my card details to secure the room, when I booked over the phone, I just assumed the full payment would be taken upon check in. When I checked my credit card after departure, £20 on top of the £86 had been taken. It was refunded (several emails later). within 3 days of me notifying the Hotel.
The Hotel location is nice overlooking the beach and sea and with an inviting beer garden area. The bar itself was comfortable with pool table and a family room.
The locals were friendly.
The Hotel even does themed nights such as Curry Night & Karaoke evening. Breakfast was decent and the service was polite.
We were a little disappointed when we arrived back to the Hotel about Midnight, that the bar wouldn't serve us.
Although there were a few people still drinking in there and playing pool, we were told the pumps had been done?
We would stay here again. Admittedly we did book very last minute, and it was fairly comfortable there. We just felt £86 was too high a rate for an old non refurbished room, when other guests had paid the same rate and got better.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjm24
Minymor, General Manager at Min-y-mor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hello, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and do have a policy of charging the same amount for all of our rooms so would advise you to book earlier next time to avoid disappointment. Most of our rooms have been refurbished to a very high standard room five hasn't yet been done and is our smallest doubles. Thanks for making us aware of the plug problem we have rectified this now!
We will always accommodate you in the best available room so hopefully next time you will get one of our newer more modern ones. We do try to accommodate all specific requests where possible.
We hope to welcome you back again .

Reviewed 9 December 2013

i would just like to say a few things about my stays at the min y mor. I have stayed here on many occasions for week long stays & many weekends over the past 5 years. I can honestly say that I have never ever been disappointed with the service and value for money this place offers in this day and age. The owner and the staff are always very welcoming and happy to accommodate any of your needs. The breakfast and food is always spot on, especially the Sunday roast! the rooms are always clean & warm with plenty of extra bedding & pillows. The sea views are incredible & sunsets even better!! I cannot fault any of my experiences at this hotel & I am the type of person not shy to bring attention to something I wasn't happy with but this has never been the case.
on my most recent stay for my wives & sons birthday we ended up staying 2 extra nights and didn't want to leave haha

will be returning again very soon wendy & mark

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Minymor, General Manager at Min-y-mor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hello, Thanks for your wonderful review! We are very glad you enjoy your visits and look forward to welcoming you again soon.