“Best night sleep in this year and dog friendly”
Review of Tal Y Don Hotel

Tal Y Don Hotel
Ranked #13 of 23 Barmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I love to travel with my dog. I had the best night sleep ever. I slept like a baby. The breakfast was good and our dinner was wonderful. The only problem was that they haven't got at that time a fob system, they may improve this.Thank you guys.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tal Y Don Hotel

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Was due to stay for one night at hotel Just before leaving my cat came in injured,needed vetenary treatment so had to cancel. I phoned hotel to explain situation,spoke to a member of staff who said owners would phone me later that day. No one did so i assumed they understood reason for not turning up. Was horrified a few days later when checking my credit card balance,they had taken full payment for room! I understand its frustrating when people dont show up but this was a geniune emergency! So as well as vets bill, ive paid for a room i didnt use. I have alot of friends who go to Barmouth..have told them not to stay there ever!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We went for a meal here, my partner ordered the steak. It was very poor quality, very chewy and gristley it was also supposed to be medium but came out rare. We complained but no offer of a price reduction or anything such as a free drink or dessert. It was that bad she left most of it. I had the lasagna which was ok to be fair as lasagne goes but overpriced for what you get. I don't mind paying for quality but this certainly was not quality!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Hi,
Both my Wife and I did lunch here and it was very nice. Its in a great spot. The food was very good value and was served quickly. The ales served are very very good and well priced unlike some premises I have visited. The atmosphere was warm and the you are made tto feel welcome.
Nothing more to say other than I would eat here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife had booked this hotel as a break as I had been working away for a couple of weeks and neither of us had ever been to Barmouth before. We arrived along the estuary road and what a beutiful way to arrive. It was mid week with very little traffic, stunning sunshine and warm. The hotel was easy to find on the High Street and was full of people wishing to relax in the sun on the front with a pint of the excellent range of real ales and beers they sell. The service booking in was very good and professional and the room was excellent, far better than any Travel Inn or similar could over. The breakfast the following morning was excellent too.
The only downside to the hotel on our visit was that a previous visitor had stolen the room fan and the heat overnight did make things uncomfortable.
The other downside was the lack of onsite parking, although there are an abundance of nearby Pay & Display facilities and come 18.00hrs you can park along the High St almost next to the Hotel for free and with no restrictions overnight.
Will definatly go again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stopped off here for a night,friendly staff room were spotless lovely power shower some excellent real ale and good food what more could you want . I had the front. Bedroom was a little noisy with traffic but had to have window open because very warm but a few pints of their real ale and I soon nodded off

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for room away from road
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We booked our bed and breakfast on the lunchtime and set straight off to Barmouth. We hadn't realised the accommodation was above a pub when we booked and checking in amongst the bar crowd dampened our spirits. The staff were friendly and showed us through the "private" door to our twin room upstairs. The room was large and overlooked the street. It had an en suite, was nicely decorated and had good facilities. There was also a beer garden out back. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice for everyone including non meat eaters.The location turned out to be excellent for all amenities, beach, restaurants, railway and shops. Barmouth was a hidden holiday gem with lots to offer families and walkers and for sure we will be going back. Tal y Don also appears to cater for dogs in some rooms. I do not have an issue with this but to be really picky I was not overly happy to see the dog in the breakfast room being petted and watching the owner picking up their food with the same hand?? Overall the bar customers we very friendly and all went quiet after 23:00. I definitely recommend Tal y Don, it has a lot going for it and at a reasonable price too.

Room Tip: Do not have room 4 unless you like a twin room with beds on opposite sides of the room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple