An unusual property that sits on the high ground above and a little to the north of the town of Barmouth. We received and very warm welcome from the Chef , Jackie, who happended to be manning reception when we arrived. later we met the proprietors , Mr & Mrs Osman who were excellent hosts and took a real interest in our visit and went out of their way to be helpful.
Our room , one of the tower rooms was well furnished and had spectacular views out to sea. The only minor critiscism was the very small bathroom, one of the smallest I have come across in a hotel.
On with the positive things about this hotel. The breakfasts were great and the one evening meal we took in the hotel we excellent, dining in the conservatory with stunning sea views.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales