I'm a sucker for a hotel with character and a story to tell. This is a faux castle built in 1892 by the gunsmith WWGreener. The current owners are rightly proud of the building. It commands a spectacular view out to sea, although I'm sure Mr Greener would have had something to say about the brutal housing estate which blights the vista.
Can't fault the attitude of the staff. Friendly, efficient and attentive. Hats off to them!
Not sure about the dress code for dinner ('smart casual'). Seems a bit high and mighty, but that is their prerogative.
Plenty of decent fish'n'chip shops in Barmouth.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales