I have just read a somewhat jaundiced opinion of this hotel. My wife and I were in the hotel at the same time as the person with the negative opinion. I am reminded of the quote "two men looked out of prison bars - one saw mud, the other saw stars"
We found the manager's stories interesting and the young staff attentive and charming.
The meal was enjoyable and reasonably priced. The conservatory/dining room with its magnificent views was a delightful place to eat.
The bedroom was small but comfortable and perfectly adequate - who wants to stay in a bedroom all day?
The hotel decor reflects its fascinating history with an abundance of stained glass windows and wood panelling. If modern plastic is your preference then do not stay here.
You choose where to point your eyes. The views are great.
We hope to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales