I really loved this hotel, my single room was delightful(next door shower right by my headboard and noisy), The staff were so nice and helpful. I was disappointed by the lack of fresh vegetables or salad with dinner and the venison was a bit tough and overcooked, but the fish and chips were good. No extra toiletries in room which I have had in less pricey hotels and would make a nice touch. Beautiful view from the terrace and from my window if you ignore the council estate!!
On the whole a charming place to stay and a warm welcome awaits any visitor. I would also have preferred to be served toast at breakfast and not to have to make my own, should not have to do this in a 4* hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales