Having just returned from a 'superb' two day visit to Ty'r Graig Castle, we were surprised to read a rather scathing review, this makes us wonder if there are possibly two Ty'r Graig Castles in Barmouth ? we stayed in Room 11 on the 2nd floor of the north turret. a room with four poster bed (very comfy) and furniture that blends in with the Victorian style of the Hotel, we were extremely comfortable and had everything we needed, felt relaxed and content. The room offers a spectacular sea view looking northward towards the Llyn Peninsula. Having spent two lovely
memorable evenings dining in the Restaurant, found the food to be cooked to a very high standard, selected from a well balanced menu, we were surprised at the comment "the Chief should attend a culinary course" in our opinion this would be 'as a Teacher' Will be returning to Ty'r Graig mid September, our version of course, and that of many other people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales