We picked this hotel based on the reviews. It is very different to the usual sort of hotel I stay in (i.e. big, luxury, anonymous) so it's hard to compare it. Upon arrival, we were given a mini tour by the extremely polite member of staff who also carried our bags to our room on the second floor. We stayed in the premium turret room which had everything we needed, tea & coffee making facilities, hair dryer, very high but comfortable bed and lovely views out of the two windows. The towels are quite small so if I stayed again I'd probably bring my own and my boyfriend did get slightly scalded by the shower which up until then, we thought was very good! The best thing about this hotel were the staff, the views and the breakfast - we had an afternoon tea which was lovely, the breakfasts were cooked fresh to order and definitely cooked with care and attention instead of the usual slop you get at a buffet breakfast, and sitting looking out over the sea was very nice indeed. We had a meal in the restaurant which was also very nice and quite good value. The only thing I would say regarding value is I have managed to get much better deals on room prices in the past than what I paid here which was a bit higher than I usually fork out as I like to bargain shop for hotels. I cannot praise the staff highly enough, in particular the three Latvian staff who were extremely polite and attentive, much better than the surly staff we have often encountered in hotels and restaurants!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales