“Fantastic, relaxing break”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bodelwyddan
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, relaxing break”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful castle.

The reason for my visit was because it was organised by Coeliac UK, this meant that all weekend there was Gluten free food available, this is a massive plus for us Coeliacs, it means that because they are so clued up on the disease we do not need to worry about food throughout our stay.

My room was at the front of the castle and looked out over the gardens. The room was a standard single room, this was a lovely sized room with a good sized bathroom. I have left the hotel a bit of feedback on how to improve the room.

I arrived on the Friday and did not leave the grounds until I checked out on Monday, there was plenty of activity's throughout the days which meant I did not feel the need to venture out. I was there on my own but did not feel it as everyone was so friendly staff and other residents. The grounds are lovely either to just wonder around or go on a tour of with the team.

The castle museum is a must see and the spa is a lovely place to relax and chill out.

The food was fantastic, there was plenty of choice each meal time and it was always hot.

The entertainment was brilliant, we had a Madness tribute on the Friday a Showaddywaddy tribute the following night and the in house entertainment on the Sunday. We also has a couple of games of bingo as well which was a nice touch.

So in summery. I had a fantastic, relaxing weekend which I did not want to come home from

I would defiantly recommend this place and will hopefully be going back soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank clarko31
GaryJohnson1, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

How lovely to see that you had a fantastic, relaxing time with us. This is what we aim for all of our guest!!!

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind Regards Claire Fletcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
Lancashire
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went for just a one night stay on our way back from visiting relatives in North Wales. Wasn't really aware that the majority - if not all - of the other guests were on three or four day packages. Very east to find, car park busy but plenty of space available so no problem. Check in was quick and easy and we were directed to our room and also advised of other facilities available to guests.

The room was fine and the bathroom was larger than the norm, which is always a bonus. We were given quite a flexible time schedule for dining and we went to the dining room circa 7.pm.

Shown to a table immediately but I was most surprised at the size of the dining room and the high volume of diners seated, but fair to say we met by our server without delay and the dining options pointed out to us. There is an dinner menu with not too large a selection of meals listed, but there are several excellent carveries and a large salad bar in an area of the dining room. We opted for the carvery as mains and the salad bar for starters - both courses were excellent. Deserts were then chosen from the menu. Our server kept us supplied with drinks throughout the meal.

After the meal we found our way into the ballroom and spent the next three hours, yes, three hours, being entertained by the hard-working entertainment manager and his team. Great atmosphere in the ballroom where there was a large bar situated.

The following morning a nice "full English" from the breakfast buffet and as the whole night had been a "package", there was no check-out and so were on our way. Bodelwyddan Castle is certainly different, but well worth a visit as it's a nice experience.

3 Thank RobboLancashire

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that the team worked really hard to keep you entertained throughout.

Look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was my second time at a Warner Hotel...Littlecote being my first and we were very impressed.
We were visitors from overseas having a reunion with my sisters and partners, staying over 3 nights.
Rooms were very comfortable with outside garden and table setting for two.
Activities at night & entertainment good.
Beautiful grounds and a truly beautiful castle.
Service and meals good with a choice of Buffet and Carvery or order from the menu.
How ever we did have a bad experience with my sister having the buffet whereby she had this beautiful puffy Yorkshire pudding ..only to bite into it with a wire piece and blade like piece in it, giving her a severe tooth ache. This was reported to Stewart with an apology but we felt a follow up and written apology was required. Although promised a follow up none has been received it appears it has been put under the carpet.
On arriving back in South Africa my sister is still suffering from tooth ache.
I feel further follow up of why this happened should have been explained.
Thank you but not sure we will be back

1 Thank Rosemarie G

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your holiday, I am however very sorry to hear that your sister had a nasty experience with her tooth, and also disappointed that this had not been followed up.

I can assure you that this has not been swept under the carpet and I will immediately look into this.

Thank you again.
Wigan
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent stay, great food , in beautiful surroundings!
The only gripe I had, was no special treats, to help celebrate my 50th birthday.
When we have celebrated abroad, I have had balloons, cake, etc, at no extra charge, yet here they wanted money for a cake etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane R

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so sorry that we had missed that it was your birthday as this is not usually the case.

We will definitely make up for this on your next break!

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have just had my first weekend break at a Warner Hotel with my husband and friends, and I was very impressed. The staff were very friendly & helpful, and very versatile, as many doubled up as the in-house entertainment.
We had a standard room, but it was very adequate and clean, and we were lucky to get a beautiful view over the countryside. The Castle grounds are a beautiful setting to stay in, and the facilities include 3 cafés, swimming pool, sauna, gym, spa treatments, and other activities are on offer if you wish to take advantage of them. These include, archery, shooting, table tennis, snooker, and other physical activities to keep you fit.
This may be necessary, as the food is varied and available in as little or as much as you like. There were salad bars, carveries, meals off the menu, choice of full English breakfast, croissant, pancakes, or cereals, and a choice of sweet or cheese & biscuits for dessert. There is a gift shop on site, and various stalls at times in the foyer.
There are bingo & quiz games, and we had two tribute acts. The Rod Stewart one on Sunday was better than the Bee Gees one on Sunday, but it is down to individual taste.
So, you don't actually need to leave the site if you don't want to, but we did visit some local seaside towns, and went inland to Betwsy Coed. It is a beautiful area, and well worth a visit.
I can recommend a stay at the Castle, and would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Rooms near the gift shop have a lovely view of the countryside
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GaryJohnson1, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review.

We really appreciate all of your lovely comments; they can only make us continue to provide the high level of standards that we do.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your holiday and that you would recommend us.

Liverpool England
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been going to the Warner hotels for about 10 years, I have been to different ones over the years and all of them are lovely.

My local one is Alvaston Hall (takes about an hour to get there) I would often book a 2 night break on the spare of the moment as it was so affordable without being cheap.

They then introduced this (simply dining) where you have the cost of your meals added on to the cost of the break at the end of the booking process. Since this has been the case I have not booked and neither have many of the members of the club that I attend (and there are over 200 members that used the Warner breaks on a regular basis)

This is very sad as the customers are going to find alternative breaks at a more reasonable price.

Please Warner lower your prices a little before you loose to many of your loyal customers.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice, the better rooms are more expensive but lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jorut

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review.

It is so lovely to read that you have been visiting Warner Leisure Hotels, we really do value your loyalty.

I apologise that you do not find our prices reasonable, however I would like to assure you that the simply dine package is not an additional cost onto your booking, but a simple way of breaking down your costing of the holiday so that you can easily understand what you are paying for.

After listening to our guest’s feedback, we decided as a company that when we have been discounting our holidays we have been discounting the total price including food. We now only discount the accommodation price and not the dining costs so that we can reinvest this money back into our restaurants and food quality.

I hope this gives you a bit more clarity on the situation and assures you that we are not adding any ‘additional’ cost your holiday.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Very good break. Staff helpful,entertainment sounded lame but turned out to be top notch and we'll worth watching. My only note would be to management, please utilise the grounds and gardens, whilst they were pleasant to walk around remember this was built as a folly and the gardens could be stunning with just a little work. We have already booked another Warner break for June.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrro5e

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review.

I am pleased to read that you had a great time with us regardless of your original doubts about the entertainment.

Thank you for your comments with regards to our grounds, I have passed these onto our hardworking ground team who will be working throughout the summer, continuing to improve our already gorgeous gardens

Kind Regards Claire Fletcher GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodelwyddan
Pier Hotel Rhyl
Ruthin Castle Hotel
The Beaches Hotel
The Beaches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Prestatyn

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel? Share your experiences!