Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bodelwyddan
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our first time staying at one of the Warner Hotels, we choose this weekend because of its 60's theme.
It is a breathtaking location set in a beautiful part of Wales.
We booked a Regency room (which is their premier room) but were extremely disappointed with the room, it was dark and not at all as nice as the picture in brochure or on-line. The Duty Manager was great when we asked to change but we were a bit annoyed to be told there are much nicer rooms Regency rooms that you can only get if you book direct to the hotel and not on-line which we did.
We stayed in the room at the next rate down which was fantastic and by far nicer than the Regency room.
The food is excellent and varied.
Entertainment is good but as the Warner Hotels are marketed towards the older guest I wonder why they have such young entertainment group (in their 20's) surely it would be a good idea to have older colleagues in addition as at times the group seemed to be quite condescending especially the entertainment manager

Room Tip: Phone the hotel direct to ensure you are having the best room rate for the type of room you want...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Perky50
GaryJohnson1, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I agree, we are very lucky to be situated in such a lovely part of the country and the views are indeed spectacular.

Here at Bodelwyddan Castle we have only 6 Royale rooms. These rooms are our most superior and tend to sell out extremely quickly, I can assure you however, that these rooms are available to book through all booking channels such as directly through the hotel, our web page and also our central bookings centre.

I have taken all of your comments on board and apologise that on this occasion, the entertainment was not to your choice .

Kind Regards Claire Fletcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I booked into Warners Bodelwyddan Castle on the recommendation of friends. Straight from the moment we arrived we were met by a 'greeter' and welcomed to the resort. Check in was very slick and our luggage was waiting for us at our room door. Room was excellent, food was also superb with no queuing or waiting around. Entertainment was top notch with the 7 members of the team under Matt's guidance produced some brilliant entertainment on our 4 nights with special mention of Hayley, Lee & Danielle. Rebooked for 7th July 14, really looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Choose a Signature room 110 on the patio you get the sun all day.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eddie F

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so pleased to see that after recommendation, you enjoyed your whole experience with us right from the start!!

We are lucky to have such a hard working team here who do their upmost to ensure all of our guests have a memorable time with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back again

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful castle.

The reason for my visit was because it was organised by Coeliac UK, this meant that all weekend there was Gluten free food available, this is a massive plus for us Coeliacs, it means that because they are so clued up on the disease we do not need to worry about food throughout our stay.

My room was at the front of the castle and looked out over the gardens. The room was a standard single room, this was a lovely sized room with a good sized bathroom. I have left the hotel a bit of feedback on how to improve the room.

I arrived on the Friday and did not leave the grounds until I checked out on Monday, there was plenty of activity's throughout the days which meant I did not feel the need to venture out. I was there on my own but did not feel it as everyone was so friendly staff and other residents. The grounds are lovely either to just wonder around or go on a tour of with the team.

The castle museum is a must see and the spa is a lovely place to relax and chill out.

The food was fantastic, there was plenty of choice each meal time and it was always hot.

The entertainment was brilliant, we had a Madness tribute on the Friday a Showaddywaddy tribute the following night and the in house entertainment on the Sunday. We also has a couple of games of bingo as well which was a nice touch.

So in summery. I had a fantastic, relaxing weekend which I did not want to come home from

I would defiantly recommend this place and will hopefully be going back soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank clarko31

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

How lovely to see that you had a fantastic, relaxing time with us. This is what we aim for all of our guest!!!

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Lancashire
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went for just a one night stay on our way back from visiting relatives in North Wales. Wasn't really aware that the majority - if not all - of the other guests were on three or four day packages. Very east to find, car park busy but plenty of space available so no problem. Check in was quick and easy and we were directed to our room and also advised of other facilities available to guests.

The room was fine and the bathroom was larger than the norm, which is always a bonus. We were given quite a flexible time schedule for dining and we went to the dining room circa 7.pm.

Shown to a table immediately but I was most surprised at the size of the dining room and the high volume of diners seated, but fair to say we met by our server without delay and the dining options pointed out to us. There is an dinner menu with not too large a selection of meals listed, but there are several excellent carveries and a large salad bar in an area of the dining room. We opted for the carvery as mains and the salad bar for starters - both courses were excellent. Deserts were then chosen from the menu. Our server kept us supplied with drinks throughout the meal.

After the meal we found our way into the ballroom and spent the next three hours, yes, three hours, being entertained by the hard-working entertainment manager and his team. Great atmosphere in the ballroom where there was a large bar situated.

The following morning a nice "full English" from the breakfast buffet and as the whole night had been a "package", there was no check-out and so were on our way. Bodelwyddan Castle is certainly different, but well worth a visit as it's a nice experience.

3 Thank RobboLancashire

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that the team worked really hard to keep you entertained throughout.

Look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was my second time at a Warner Hotel...Littlecote being my first and we were very impressed.
We were visitors from overseas having a reunion with my sisters and partners, staying over 3 nights.
Rooms were very comfortable with outside garden and table setting for two.
Activities at night & entertainment good.
Beautiful grounds and a truly beautiful castle.
Service and meals good with a choice of Buffet and Carvery or order from the menu.
How ever we did have a bad experience with my sister having the buffet whereby she had this beautiful puffy Yorkshire pudding ..only to bite into it with a wire piece and blade like piece in it, giving her a severe tooth ache. This was reported to Stewart with an apology but we felt a follow up and written apology was required. Although promised a follow up none has been received it appears it has been put under the carpet.
On arriving back in South Africa my sister is still suffering from tooth ache.
I feel further follow up of why this happened should have been explained.
Thank you but not sure we will be back

1 Thank Rosemarie G

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your holiday, I am however very sorry to hear that your sister had a nasty experience with her tooth, and also disappointed that this had not been followed up.

I can assure you that this has not been swept under the carpet and I will immediately look into this.

Thank you again.
Wigan
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent stay, great food , in beautiful surroundings!
The only gripe I had, was no special treats, to help celebrate my 50th birthday.
When we have celebrated abroad, I have had balloons, cake, etc, at no extra charge, yet here they wanted money for a cake etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane R

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so sorry that we had missed that it was your birthday as this is not usually the case.

We will definitely make up for this on your next break!

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have just had my first weekend break at a Warner Hotel with my husband and friends, and I was very impressed. The staff were very friendly & helpful, and very versatile, as many doubled up as the in-house entertainment.
We had a standard room, but it was very adequate and clean, and we were lucky to get a beautiful view over the countryside. The Castle grounds are a beautiful setting to stay in, and the facilities include 3 cafés, swimming pool, sauna, gym, spa treatments, and other activities are on offer if you wish to take advantage of them. These include, archery, shooting, table tennis, snooker, and other physical activities to keep you fit.
This may be necessary, as the food is varied and available in as little or as much as you like. There were salad bars, carveries, meals off the menu, choice of full English breakfast, croissant, pancakes, or cereals, and a choice of sweet or cheese & biscuits for dessert. There is a gift shop on site, and various stalls at times in the foyer.
There are bingo & quiz games, and we had two tribute acts. The Rod Stewart one on Sunday was better than the Bee Gees one on Sunday, but it is down to individual taste.
So, you don't actually need to leave the site if you don't want to, but we did visit some local seaside towns, and went inland to Betwsy Coed. It is a beautiful area, and well worth a visit.
I can recommend a stay at the Castle, and would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Rooms near the gift shop have a lovely view of the countryside
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GaryJohnson1, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review.

We really appreciate all of your lovely comments; they can only make us continue to provide the high level of standards that we do.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your holiday and that you would recommend us.

Kind Regards Claire Fletcher GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodelwyddan
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#2 of 3 in Prestatyn
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#5 of 5 in Rhyl

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel? Share your experiences!