Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bodelwyddan
Chester, United Kingdom
“May bank holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second visit to the castle and it was better this time round. Great location close to the snowdonia national park, On Saturday we had a visit to bodnant gardens part of the national trust. Sunday we visited betws-y-coed and a drive through the snowdonia country side.The entertainment was excellent and on Saturday it was the American Drifters they were fantastic. There was a great choice of food for breakfast and the evening menu was very good. We had a standard room which we thought was very good plenty of space nice big king size bed and views over the country side. Apart from the weather we had a very good weekend. Thank you Warners.

Room Tip: We had a standard room which was a very good size and good views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GaryJohnson1, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

How nice to see that your 2nd visit was even better than your 1st!!

I can assure you that it just keeps getting better and that is all down to you!

The feedback we receive from our guests helps us to continue to improve everything that we have to offer.

Kind Regards Claire Fletcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff really friendly. The hotel is in a beautiful setting with plenty of things to do and is close to places to visit. The staff are very helpful and have plenty of suggestions of how to fill your time. The only criticism (and it is very small) is that it is limited for space to just sit and chill so when I just wanted to sit and read I went back to my room which, though just a standard room was very comfortable and I did have a pleasant view so it was no hardship. Definitely a place we will visit again as they make you feel welcome and it is relaxing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

We are very lucky indeed with the beautiful surroundings of the hotel, and I am happy to see that you had time to enjoy them.

With regards to your comments with the lack of lounge area, come back and see us next year once we have had our new and exciting development and I promise you will be amazed.

Bearsted Nr Maidstone Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Bodelwyddan Castle last week with my parents and once again had a brilliant time.
My Father is in a wheelchair but this does not in anyway stop my Mum and Dad enjoying most of the activities and entertainment here. The food is awesome and the staff are just fantastic - nothing is too much trouble.

The only disappointment for my parents is the 'indoor bowling' is not going to continue which they have really enjoyed over the years, although my father was not able to participate, he enjoyed watching my Mum play and chatting to the staff.

Keep up the good work Bodelwyddan and if you are thinking about booking don't hesitate you will not be disappointed.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BeeandMark
GaryJohnson1, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

It is really pleasing to read that you had such a great time with us. We apologise that you are unhappy with the news regarding the Bowls Hall, however, when the development is finished I am sure you will be pleased with the result.

Kind Regards Claire Fletcher GM
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My stay was originally for a four night break in a Signature room, during my stay I took up an offer to extend my break for a further three nights which was presented at a very reasonable rate, in addition I have also booked a four night break in August!
Need I say any more? Probably not - but I will!

The room I occupied was spotless, the bed was very big and comfortable and along with all the usual facilities there was a fridge and DVD player (a selection of DVDs available at reception) tea/coffee/chocolate/biscuits etc.

Every team worked seamlessly together and strived to ensure guests would have as enjoyable a break as is possible, they seem totally dedicated and could not have been more helpful to me during my stay.
The in house entertainment team were excellent putting on great shows!

There are enough activities available to keep you occupied and entertained if you wish to stay at the hotel complex but it is a great base for you to visit many points of interest in the lovely surrounding area. (The Marble Church, Conway, Llandudno,Anglesey etc.)

Activities include the pool and spa, supervised archery, shooting, fencing, bowls and many more even to cookery classes, wine tasting and not to forget free access to the castle and grounds.

I was a solo traveller and my seating point in the huge dining room was thoughtfully and sensitively placed in order that I was not isolated and conspicuous.

Food was of a high standard, a wide choice of breakfast menu was available to serve yourself or a menu to order from the kitchen, dinner was a choice of carvery meals or to order at your table.

I was well cared for at table by Amy and Billie but mainly Cara.
Cara is very efficient and professional but in addition has a natural ‘warmth’ about her; she is caring and has time and a smile for every guest as if we were part of her family.
Cara listened carefully to what guests requested regarding any special needs relating to food and drink requirements and dealt with them all effectively, she is a great ambassador for Warner Hotels.

I did not need to say any more but felt it was justified to do so, I can highly recommend Bodelwydden Castle Hotel and I am looking forward to my stay in August.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine but if the offer is good for a Signature room - go for it, my room was in...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kjcstaffordshire

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

Wow, we really appreciate all of your fantastic comments and I will certainly pass these onto the team in our next meeting.

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed so much of your time with us and we are thankful for your recommendation

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having had good recommendations from a number of people, we decided to give Bodelwyddan a try for a three night weekend break. The location is great and the grounds are really good for walking and relaxing. Unfortunately the weather was unpredictable and changeable but this was clearly not Warners fault. The immediate thing we noticed on booking was the wide range of discounts available and promoted. We chose the Simply Dine option which is effectively half board and I suspect most guests chose this. Given that we were offered over 50% discount it was reasonable value for us. We wondered if anyone actually paid the FULL price which would haver been extortionate. I suspect no one actually pays it and it's just there to offer massive headline discounts..

The room was fine and staff were friendly. The food was adequate to good. I do feel there were a number of things that need addressing food wise. In particular at breakfast the toast and tea was pot luck. Toast was often all but cold when served so consequently pretty bad. It suggests that bread was toasted in bulk early on with no thought as to when it was served at a table. Tea similarly could be all but cold or stewed and undrinkable. Maybe Warners should consider installing self service toasters and tea makers to enable guests to enjoy fresh toast and tea?

The evening meals always offered a carvery option enabling guests to help themselves to accompanying vegetables. On the other hand the non-carvery options often lacked a good variety of vegetables.

The entertainment and activities were varied and good. Since children are not admitted it is oriented towards older people who prefer not to have kids running all over the place. The opportunity to join in or learn new activities like dancing, bowling, shooting and archery was good for those who want a taster.

The evening entertainment was good although it could get deafening at times! There were quite a number of quizzes for those liking a mental challenge.

All in all it was an enjoyable weekend, but please Warners sort out your tea and toast at breakfast and a few more vegetables with the non-carvery evening meals.

1 Thank einfahrt

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I have taken all of your comments on board with regards to the toast and tea at breakfast times and I have sat down and discussed with our head chef, this is certainly not the norm so thank you for letting us know.

I am pleased however to read that you have enjoyed most aspects of you holiday with us

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our first time staying at one of the Warner Hotels, we choose this weekend because of its 60's theme.
It is a breathtaking location set in a beautiful part of Wales.
We booked a Regency room (which is their premier room) but were extremely disappointed with the room, it was dark and not at all as nice as the picture in brochure or on-line. The Duty Manager was great when we asked to change but we were a bit annoyed to be told there are much nicer rooms Regency rooms that you can only get if you book direct to the hotel and not on-line which we did.
We stayed in the room at the next rate down which was fantastic and by far nicer than the Regency room.
The food is excellent and varied.
Entertainment is good but as the Warner Hotels are marketed towards the older guest I wonder why they have such young entertainment group (in their 20's) surely it would be a good idea to have older colleagues in addition as at times the group seemed to be quite condescending especially the entertainment manager

Room Tip: Phone the hotel direct to ensure you are having the best room rate for the type of room you want...
1 Thank Perky50

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I agree, we are very lucky to be situated in such a lovely part of the country and the views are indeed spectacular.

Here at Bodelwyddan Castle we have only 6 Royale rooms. These rooms are our most superior and tend to sell out extremely quickly, I can assure you however, that these rooms are available to book through all booking channels such as directly through the hotel, our web page and also our central bookings centre.

I have taken all of your comments on board and apologise that on this occasion, the entertainment was not to your choice .

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I booked into Warners Bodelwyddan Castle on the recommendation of friends. Straight from the moment we arrived we were met by a 'greeter' and welcomed to the resort. Check in was very slick and our luggage was waiting for us at our room door. Room was excellent, food was also superb with no queuing or waiting around. Entertainment was top notch with the 7 members of the team under Matt's guidance produced some brilliant entertainment on our 4 nights with special mention of Hayley, Lee & Danielle. Rebooked for 7th July 14, really looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Choose a Signature room 110 on the patio you get the sun all day.
1 Thank Eddie F

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am so pleased to see that after recommendation, you enjoyed your whole experience with us right from the start!!

We are lucky to have such a hard working team here who do their upmost to ensure all of our guests have a memorable time with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back again

Kind Regards Claire Fletcher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodelwyddan
Premier Inn Rhuddlan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abergele
The Beaches Hotel
The Beaches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Prestatyn

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel? Share your experiences!