Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel
US$107
US$87
  • Breakfast included
1,602 results
All reviewssignature roomstandard roomgarden lodgeevening entertainmentdining roomentertainment hallentertainment teamage groupline dancingolder peoplewaiter servicetribute bandnight breakbuilding workleisure facilitiesmain buildingroyale room
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from another lovely stay at the castle. The staff here are lovely - without exception from the gardeners to the managers you will always receive a warm welcome as you pass in the grounds. The food is good with lots of choice - self service or waitress/waiter service. Rooms as commented on in other reviews - we personally like to have a patio, although for our next stay we have booked the Royal with a jacuzzi as a treat. There is a full programme of events both during the day and in the evening with a very talented entertainment team. Matt has joined them as entertainments manager - he is a very talented young man and a great asset to the team.
Looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank Lynneon
GaryJohnson1, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback.

How pleasing to read that you enjoyed your recent break at the Castle. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our wonderful entertainments team and what they had to offer you
Do not hesitate to come and visit us again in the near future

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our second visit to a Warner's and really enjoyed staying here and would do so again. The staff were the best we've had. Friendly and very helpful. Our room was huge and very clean. Have a room with a patio doors if possible. Good nights sleep assured. The swimming pool was ok sized and not too busy. Sauna and steam room were ok. The entertainment was outstanding, shame that Warner's let go in my opinion the best entertainment host I have ever meet "Simon Howell" he made the holiday that extra special. His team behind him also can take credit, they were professional and so friendly and performing each night at a high standard. Food in the restaurant was great. Good choice every night. Best night was the welsh mixed grill, very tasty. The Castle grounds are stunning and on a good day is a nice walk. The Castle itself is worth a hours walk around on the days its open. "Free to guests on my visit"

Room Tip: Rooms with Patios.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul J

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback.

It is great to read that you have enjoyed your time with us at The Castle.
As you are probably aware we have many team members across all of our properties and from time to time they move on in their careers to face new and exciting challenges. However, we also gain new talent to add to our already expanding team.

We thank you for your kind comments with regards to the food and restaurant.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited this hotel with friends in May . The signature room was very clean and spacious. A problem with the heated towel rail was reported and fixed in no time at all. We missed having a lounge/relaxing area but the two coffee shops were the next best thing (even got to sit outside one in the sun!!) There was a short walk outside in the elements each morning and evening to the restaurant/entertainment area, ok if its dry but it poured nearly all weekend! Lovely grounds to explore. The entertainment team were very friendly and there was a range of activities to join in with. Good selection of food at breakfast and evening meal.Some of the tables in the restaurant were packed tight together but we were ok at our table. I understand this is one of the oldest Warners and is due for refurbishment. It would be interesting to see it in the future. Overall an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback.

I apologise that you had problems with your towel rail in your room, however, I am pleased to see that this was rectified for you.

We thank you for your kind comments with regards to the food and the grounds.

Come back and see us when we have our development, starting August 1st.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I am just on the train home from a 3 night weekend break and I could not wait to review your fantastic hotel. I simply did not want to leave. I cannot fault anything about our experience. It was simply first class! I booked the break for my partners birthday and not having been to a Warners hotel before I was not sure what to expect! I was not disappointed! From check in to check out we were treated so lovely. The lovely girl who booked us in (Chelsea) was really polite and helpful. We were taken to the restaurant and booked in for our table and then taken to the main hall and booked in for our reserved table as unknown to us it was Lesley Garratt weekend. (The Q&A section with her was very good by the way.) We were then shown to our room which was amazing with stunning views. Food in the restaurant was beautiful and the staff were courteous and friendly. A special mention to Darren who arranged for a birthday cake to be bought out and for several members of staff to sing happy birthday to my (very embarrassed) partner. Sunday evening (birthday night) we had a Gold VIP table in the main hall which made the night extra special. The Spotlight cabaret featured Hayley Brookes and I have to say she was Amazing! She sang a range of songs from the opera and musicals genre and for a little girl she has a Big voice. A star in the making!!! Hayleys and Lee's rendition of The Prayer had our whole table crying as did Hayleys beautiful song from the Secret Garden. This show was followed immediately by a Musicals show with 6 of the entertainment team. (Including Hayley ... goodness knows how she got changed so quickly!) Again this show was spectacular ... as good as any I have seen anywhere! On Friday evening we saw Rachel in The Elwy and her version of on my own moved me to tears! The Lee in the late lounge singing Bring Him Home had exactly the same effect. A special thank you to the wonderful entertainment team; Hayley, Lee, Rachel, Danielle, Emma and Matt. And not forgetting Fletch, cracking sense of humour and great songs to sing along to! Also to one of the regular guests Tony for the amazing flower display! We tried all of the day time activities as well as walking the stunning grounds. The only thing we cannot review is the pool, spa, etc as we did not use them. Thank you so much to all the team at Warners for an AMAZING break!

2  Thank Jo S

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback.

I am pleased to read all of your wonderful comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

How pleasing to see that you were looked after by Chelsie when you checked in and from there on in.

I will forward on your comments to all of the team in our next team brief – Many thanks again

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Had a beautiful weekend there excellent food, leslie garrett performance was disappointing was high up in gallery very very hot. The entertainment team was totally fantastic hard working girls. On sunday night hayley brookes gave a quite superb and perfect performance better than leslie garratt beautiful voice.

2  Thank John H

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback.

We really appreciate your comments, the entertainments girls do really work hard and all year round too! I apologise that the area in which you were seated was not to your taste and that this did impact on your experience too much.