“An excellent stop for the hungry traveller”
Review of The Seaview Hotel

The Seaview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fishguard
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We came across this hotel just around lunch time, famished from our site-seeing of South Wales and were greeted by Kylie - one of the most politest and lovely genuine person. she made us feel welcome like an old friend and we chatted extensively about life, sites, scenery, families and so on. Never noticed that were still hungry and were served up the best scampi, chips and pea lunch I can recall. I would happily recommend this establishment to anyone, even though Fishguard does not have much to offer for the average tourist. Nevertheless, a good stop over

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank captain_mushtaq
There are newer reviews for The Seaview Hotel

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in a family room. For those staying before or after the ferry crossing it is ideal as less than 5 mins from the terminal/ train station and within walking distance. The staff were all very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
The room itself was generally OK, a bit basic but clean. Bedding and linen were clean and good quality which meant we had a good nights sleep. The ensuite was a one person cubby, and shower was a bit lacking. Breakfast was good every morning, and the communal areas were generally clean. There is a very large outside decked area and garden which has nice views to the bay on a sunny day.
They are clearly trying to put some effort into the hotel and its running which meant that despite any down points, the overall experience was ok, and certainly satisfactory for a short stopover.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My room was perfectly adequate, my chilli con carne with rice absolutely fine, the breakfast was all I needed. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Not a lot else I can add. They did find a secure place to store my bicycle. All part of their helpful service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed at the Seaview Hotel for 2 nights, Friday-Sunday and for just a base it is fine. Room was clean the bathroom wasn't perfect and could have been a little cleaner but overall just to lay your head its fine.

They have a small bar and they also served food, I didn't eat apart from breakfast (come onto that) but others I was with did and they were very happy.

Breakfast was great, well cooked and I have no complaints at all. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

A few of the people I was with did mention that if you have a room near the road it can be noisy during the night, I have to say I was woken up at 4am on the Saturday morning by people above banging doors, clearly getting ready to catch the ferry.

I think you have to remember that this hotel doesn't claim to be anything more than that a stop over base for people using the ferry port, if you are going on holiday for a week or so around the area this isn't for you, if you are staying one or two night for business than I think its fine and I would use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a meal here last week. My 4 year old son and daughter shared a childrens meal of fishfinger and chips.Half hour after my son ate it he started vomiting. This happened 9 times over the next 12 hours. My daughter who had half a fish finger was also vomiting but not to the same extent. Would never recommend to eat here!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank SianFon
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in July 2013. I was traveling around Wales on a motorbike and needed somewhere close to ferryport where I could stay as the sailing docks after midnight.
It has off street parking which is handy and is less and 5 minutes from the harbour.
There is a small bar which is handy for a niggt cap and the breakfast was top notch for the price.
The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. There are binoculars in the breakfast room which is a nice touch so you can watch the boats in the harbour.
The staff are all bubbly and friendly and are pleasant and helpful with any queries I had.

This is a prefect place for stopping off before and after a sailing between Wales and Ireland and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I came to stay in the Seaview for two nights with my 3 year old son.
We were warmly welcomed and found the staff to be incredibly accommodating and friendly.
We stayed in room 11 ( 1 double bed and a single bed) which wasn't huge, but very neat and very clean. The staff offered to provide us with extra towels and even warmed up a mug of milk for my little boy!
The breakfast is served by a lovely lady in a room with windows that look out onto the harbour. Each window has a set of binoculars for you to use, and even a mini child sized pair, which is a lovely touch. The cooked breakfast is made by order and fantastic! Good quality and perfectly cooked.
I'd definitely return to the Seaview!

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fishguard
Fishguard Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Pembroke Dock
The County Hotel
The County Hotel
#6 of 6 in Haverfordwest

Been to The Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!