“Plaindealings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fishguard
Plaindealings Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 21 Fishguard B&B and Inns
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Plaindealings”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After reading the rave reviews on this site and seeing the wonderful menus, we booked for dinner, bed & breakfast at Plaindealings. That was a mistake! The breakfasts were fine but the evening meals were terribly disappointing and completely ruined our enjoyment of a 3 day break in this guest house in such a wonderful spot and with very spacious and comfortable accommodation. The owner was very pleasant but just ruined the food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Keith W

Solo
Business
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights as part of our coast path walk. Had no expectations before we went but as it turned out, I was very happy that we stayed there.
Location : Loved it; a short walk from town but worth the minor effort for the quiet and view (ask for a table next to the picture window in the dining room!). Room/facilities : We had a spacious and comfortable room with a sitting area, great for spending a quiet day in; the house was immaculate. Food : Mrs Wren cooked us a nice dinner on the evening of our arrival which we ordered rather late with no prior notice; we also had 2 substantial breakfasts. Service : From the welcome tea and biscuits, to helping us dry our wet shoes, Mrs Wren took very good care of us, efficiently, and with grace and courtesy.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tecky
Barmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2012

A warm welcome awaits you at Plaindealings, Jackie is lovely, very friendly and welcoming. Tea and biscuits on the terrace overlooking the superb view of the harbour was a lovely start to our short stay.. The location is wonderful, at the end of a lane in a secluded location. Very quiet and tranquil where the only sounds you hear are the glorious sounds of birdsong. Had a great nights' sleep and awoke to birdsong ~ just beautiful. Our room was very large with comfy seating - great for reading or simply relaxing! Excellent evening meals, make sure you treat yourself to at least one of them.. Should we be in the area again, we will most definitely return to Jackie at Plaindealings.. we had the most wonderful couple of days and it was over all too soon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolemmmett
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had a most enjoyable break at Plain Dealings.
Excellent service in calm, quiet surroundings.
We enjoyed the good weather and the wonderful scenery in this part of Pembrokeshire.
We will certainly make many more visits to Plain Dealings.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bah069
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I have been a dedicated explorer of Pembrokeshire for a number of years and to be honest Plaindealings keeps bringing me back time and time again. I have stayed here numerous times and after my most recent visit, which was delightful, I thought I'd offer my thoughts about why I like it so much. I've stayed in many other places but for me they don't get better than Plaindealings.

Firstly, I think the setting is second to none. Set at the end of a leafy lane, its a peaceful 5 min walk from the town or quicker by car. There is plenty of parking and as soon as you arrive you are offered tea and biscuits, which I always (weather permitting) take in the front garden to admire the panoramic view of the old town and harbour, it's beautiful. The gardens are always immaculate and they are the perfect place to take a glass of wine at the end of the day watch the lights of the old town illuminate the harbour as night falls. I could go on about the view, but I have more to tell!

The rooms always seem great value to me, they are very large with plenty of seating and storage and all the mod cons you would expect from a top end B&B. The bathrooms again are roomy with more than enough space and always very clean. Bed are very comfortable and clean and I get the feeling that the owners don't cut corners. Everything seems sturdy and well made and I always feel very well catered for.

Then of course there's the food! I always enjoy the breakfast and I find the landlady very helpful and accommodating its a real home-from-home. I like the fact you can get evening meal, nothing I like more than to return to the B&B after a heavy day exploring knowing that a hearty meal awaits. I find it all reasonably priced and very well cooked and the treacle tart is the best I have tasted!!! There is a large veggie garden on site which, I believe, is the source of all the veg used for the meals, a nice touch which adds to the feeling this is a wholesome quality break.

I have always found the landlady to be excellent and attentive. She is really helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and often tells you about things that you may not always discover, e.g. the farmer's market, etc.. She is also very easy going when I have had to catch the ferry to Ireland or return at some ungodly hour. She has always been there to welcome me after some late crossings, just what you need after a long trip.

In summary if you want a top end B&B which represents great value in a stunning setting and excellent views, then you must try Plaindealings. I'm a big fan of Pembrokeshire and head here any chance I get. However, after trying many places to stay I'm now at the point where I don't even bother looking around as I know I'll end up at Plaindealings anyway, it's simply excellent!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank walkwithdave
Solihull
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My last visit was my fifth to Plaindealings, and I'll definitely be going back again! The rooms have excellent facilities and the home made food is wonderful. Most of the veg is grown in the gardens and you can really taste the difference, lovely. A very warm and friendly welcome, and comfortable stay. Very relaxing and quiet surroundings. I felt like I was staying with old friends or family members even - but with better food!! :)
The land lady can't do enough for you, which is why I found one review a bit odd - In reply to the grumpy chap with the problem with the knife - there is a bell in reception to ring if you want anything at all - I've come down in the evening asking for a lemon and knife to add to drinks and everything I wanted was got for me quickly and with a smile. They can't seem to do enough for you. I can't imagine the land lady EVER shouting at anyone! And I really doubt she thought you were stealing!! She's a lovely lady with a great sense of humour, maybe something you lack perhaps!?
I've stayed in 3 different rooms there now, there's also a down stairs room that they very kindly made up for me at short notice once when I phoned up a week before my stay (was going to cancel due to ankle injury - wouldn't make it up the stairs to the room) which was as well furnished and had as good facilities as the upstairs rooms - although the view of the harbour isn't quite as good as from upstairs.
There's lots of interesting nature walks around Plaindealings, Fishguard town is quiet but picturesque - a great place to go if like me, you enjoy wildlife and nature. A great place to walk around with your camera!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SarahC1983
Warwickshire
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed at Plaindealings late in May this year. We had a very warm welcome with drinks offered even before we had put down our bags. The location is extremely private with such wonderful views of the harbour. Sitting on the patio gave us the opportunity to savour this view. The accommodation was first class with spacious rooms with all amenities. Home cooked meals were on the menu with a good choice and Mrs Wren certainly knows how to get the taste buds working. It was a very enjoyable break and we would highly recommend Plaindealings.

• Stayed May 2011