“Lovely B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fishguard
Plaindealings Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 21 Fishguard B&B and Inns
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lovely B&B”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A little off the beaten track - a phone call was required for final directions - but a really comfortable b&b. Ignore the 70's interior and check out the view over Lower Fishguard - outstanding. A lovely welcome for the proprietor and a room that was virtually a suite. Sofa, chairs good quality TV and a good en suite.
Recommended

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I believe we stayed here at the same time as the reviewer below. We had taken up two double rooms, and both rooms had excellent views of Fishguard estuary and the sea. The front garden is really a lovely peaceful place to sit and enjoy the views.

The location is convenient for accessing both the coastal path and the (little) high street of Fishguard, and the host lady is quite friendly. Prices weren't exactly cheap at £80 per room per night, but this included breakfast and we were staying at the busiest weekend of the year, especially with a Jazz festival in full flow.

Both our rooms were very spacious, and breakfast every morning was very good as well. We did not have dinners here, so can't comment on the quality of food. But from whatever we did see and have an experience of, my opinion is that this is a great place to stay when in Pembrokeshire.

• Stayed August 2013
Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After reading the rave reviews on this site and seeing the wonderful menus, we booked for dinner, bed & breakfast at Plaindealings. That was a mistake! The breakfasts were fine but the evening meals were terribly disappointing and completely ruined our enjoyment of a 3 day break in this guest house in such a wonderful spot and with very spacious and comfortable accommodation. The owner was very pleasant but just ruined the food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Keith W
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights as part of our coast path walk. Had no expectations before we went but as it turned out, I was very happy that we stayed there.
Location : Loved it; a short walk from town but worth the minor effort for the quiet and view (ask for a table next to the picture window in the dining room!). Room/facilities : We had a spacious and comfortable room with a sitting area, great for spending a quiet day in; the house was immaculate. Food : Mrs Wren cooked us a nice dinner on the evening of our arrival which we ordered rather late with no prior notice; we also had 2 substantial breakfasts. Service : From the welcome tea and biscuits, to helping us dry our wet shoes, Mrs Wren took very good care of us, efficiently, and with grace and courtesy.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tecky
Barmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2012

A warm welcome awaits you at Plaindealings, Jackie is lovely, very friendly and welcoming. Tea and biscuits on the terrace overlooking the superb view of the harbour was a lovely start to our short stay.. The location is wonderful, at the end of a lane in a secluded location. Very quiet and tranquil where the only sounds you hear are the glorious sounds of birdsong. Had a great nights' sleep and awoke to birdsong ~ just beautiful. Our room was very large with comfy seating - great for reading or simply relaxing! Excellent evening meals, make sure you treat yourself to at least one of them.. Should we be in the area again, we will most definitely return to Jackie at Plaindealings.. we had the most wonderful couple of days and it was over all too soon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolemmmett
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had a most enjoyable break at Plain Dealings.
Excellent service in calm, quiet surroundings.
We enjoyed the good weather and the wonderful scenery in this part of Pembrokeshire.
We will certainly make many more visits to Plain Dealings.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bah069
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I have been a dedicated explorer of Pembrokeshire for a number of years and to be honest Plaindealings keeps bringing me back time and time again. I have stayed here numerous times and after my most recent visit, which was delightful, I thought I'd offer my thoughts about why I like it so much. I've stayed in many other places but for me they don't get better than Plaindealings.

Firstly, I think the setting is second to none. Set at the end of a leafy lane, its a peaceful 5 min walk from the town or quicker by car. There is plenty of parking and as soon as you arrive you are offered tea and biscuits, which I always (weather permitting) take in the front garden to admire the panoramic view of the old town and harbour, it's beautiful. The gardens are always immaculate and they are the perfect place to take a glass of wine at the end of the day watch the lights of the old town illuminate the harbour as night falls. I could go on about the view, but I have more to tell!

The rooms always seem great value to me, they are very large with plenty of seating and storage and all the mod cons you would expect from a top end B&B. The bathrooms again are roomy with more than enough space and always very clean. Bed are very comfortable and clean and I get the feeling that the owners don't cut corners. Everything seems sturdy and well made and I always feel very well catered for.

Then of course there's the food! I always enjoy the breakfast and I find the landlady very helpful and accommodating its a real home-from-home. I like the fact you can get evening meal, nothing I like more than to return to the B&B after a heavy day exploring knowing that a hearty meal awaits. I find it all reasonably priced and very well cooked and the treacle tart is the best I have tasted!!! There is a large veggie garden on site which, I believe, is the source of all the veg used for the meals, a nice touch which adds to the feeling this is a wholesome quality break.

I have always found the landlady to be excellent and attentive. She is really helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and often tells you about things that you may not always discover, e.g. the farmer's market, etc.. She is also very easy going when I have had to catch the ferry to Ireland or return at some ungodly hour. She has always been there to welcome me after some late crossings, just what you need after a long trip.

In summary if you want a top end B&B which represents great value in a stunning setting and excellent views, then you must try Plaindealings. I'm a big fan of Pembrokeshire and head here any chance I get. However, after trying many places to stay I'm now at the point where I don't even bother looking around as I know I'll end up at Plaindealings anyway, it's simply excellent!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank walkwithdave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fishguard
Cartref Hotel
The Hope and Anchor Inn
The Hope and Anchor Inn
#9 of 21 in Fishguard
Cefn-y-Dre Country House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Plaindealings Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!