“Lovely coffee and a good range of light eats” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Fishguard, United Kingdom
“Lovely coffee and a good range of light eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Very good cafe in an interesting setting - inside a very well stocked wool shop. Polite and helpful staff. Homebaked goodies.

Visited May 2013

“Excellent customer service and food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place with excellent customer service and home made food. The cafe was busy on our arrival but we were treated like the only customers in there. Our food arrived quickly and was really tasty at good value. Our kids really loved the smoothed which was a nice change from the normal fizzy drinks. I would and will be visiting next time we are in Fishguard.

• Visited August 2013
Fishguard
“best scones in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Best scones in town. Imagine a perfectly cooked scone served with lashings of cream and delicious rasberry jam............... mouthwatering and enjoyable. Yes that is what is served at Janes

Visited June 2013
Pembrokeshire
“Friendly cafe with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We are locals and I have shopped in the wool/craft shop many times over the years, but we had not eaten in the café before. The actual café is very attractive, with a lovely garden (too cold and wet for us to venture out there on that day). We were met with friendly staff, quick service and a good menu. We chose a baguette and a sandwich, both of which were stuffed with fillings, presented well and came out to us quickly. We would definitely return when in the area again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cork, Ireland
“Toasted sandwich was cremated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

I really wanted to like Jane's because I like the idea of a knitting cafe. However, I was very disappointed with my lunch. I ordered a toasted sandwich and while I waited for it, I could hear the sound of a knife scraping off burnt bits from toast. It came out and sure enough when I turned it over, there were big black bits on it. There is no way it should have been served to me like that. It tasted greasy too, as if the bread had been dipped in oil and fried. It was burnt black and generally not edible. As I was in a hurry I ate some of filling without the bread. The girl seemed surprised that I would complain about it and said she didn't think it was burnt when she served it, just a bit crispy! I nearly fell over in shock, particularly as I could hear her scraping the burnt bits off trying to salvage it before serving it to me. To be fair, they did not charge me for the toastie but it was not a good experience and I'm not sure I'd go back. The Welsh tea was good though and the cafe itself is really well kept, very clean and fresh. I think it would be a good spot for tea and cake but avoid the toasties!

• Visited April 2013