“Well worth the wait!”

Dining options: Reservations
Isle of Man
“Well worth the wait!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

When I started searching for a pub in Fishguard for a lunch break I was rather underwhelmed by the amount of info available - although there are several pubs in the town, hardly any of them had a website and only a couple appeared on Trip Advisor. The Globe had a webpage (though admittedly not a terribly informative one as it's still under construction, but it supplied an email address) so I contacted them and asked would we be able to bring our dog in with us at lunchtime. I got a very quick answer saying that we and the dog would be most welcome, and also giving me the times of food service (Thursday to Sunday only) which was appreciated. So call in we did. The place is tiny, with only a handful of tables, and very nicely decorated with a big open fireplace, tiled floor and beams. When I asked the man behind the bar (who was friendly and helpful) were they doing food he said yes, but the chef was out shopping so there may be a short wait. Eventually the chef arrived laden down with bags and we put our orders in from the (smallish) menu - pizza for me, a burger and chips for my other half. There was another wait whilst the food was prepared, but some very enticing smells wafted out of the kitchen and when the food came out it was most certainly worth waiting for. My pizza was huge, freshly made and totally delicious. My husband really enjoyed his burger and was delighted to that the chips were proper homemade ones and not frozen which every other pub, bar one, had served up during our week's holiday. Lovely little place with great homemade food - would recommend it totally!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Buddysmum
Globe873999, Owner at The Globe, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your very positive comments and apologies for the wait! As you have discovered, we don't do fast food because we are only prepared to serve really good quality, well-cooked food, so everything is made fresh from scratch and as Brian (owner/chef/shopper) says, quality takes time! I will pass your comments on to both Brian and our lovely barman Stuart. Thanks again and please call again if you're in Pembrokeshire!
Jean (owner)

Bingley, United Kingdom
“Home made food”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A lovely plate of sausage and mash, well cooked and plenty of it. The food is all freshly prepared, even the pizza dough is made on the premises.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Barbara P
Globe873999, Owner at The Globe, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for the nice comments Barbara and thank you for being our first reviewer!